Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Confused by Flex Pitch

I simply want to transpose an audio track by an interval (lets say 300 cents) and not change the speed. I did this in the Time and Pitch Machine all the time in Logic 9, no problem. The tutorials and manuals for flex pitch seem to be designed for correcting specific pitches within a region, not transposing the whole region up or down. I can't believe there isn't a way to do this in Logic 10, so can someone tell me how it's done?

Thank you!

Macbook Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Aug 1, 2013 7:16 PM

9 replies

Aug 2, 2013 6:19 AM in response to imonson

From what you have described, LPX hasn't lost any functionality... but gained some instead

1) T&P still works the same in LPX as it did in LP9.

2) Pitch Flex wasn't available in LP9 and it does what it is supposed to do in LPX (which is to alter the pitch of single pitches within a region)

So.. I'm not really such what lost functionaility you are refering to...

Dec 27, 2013 6:48 AM in response to The Art Of Sound

Hi

I have this exact same problem. just want to pitch/formant shift a whole track.

When I go to the audio editor then Functions > time and pitch settings I can then change pitch in cents but there is no option to change the formant of the track. Where do I find this formant change or does it not exist?

Just to confirm I am also like the OP trying to just raise the pitch of the whole track and not autotune single notes.

Thanks.

Confused by Flex Pitch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.