Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Profilemanager: User-specific profiles

Hello,

I added a user to my mac os mountain lion server and provided only the VPN service for this user. When this user goes to example.com/mydevices, he has to downloads the 'settings for everyone' profile, the setting for the calendar and addressbook are also installed. I know I can deactivate these settings manually but I would prefer that the user could download a profile with only the VPN settings.

Does anybody know how to do this?

Sincerely,
MBKTEL

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Aug 1, 2013 9:32 PM

2 replies

Mar 10, 2014 9:58 AM in response to mbktel

The Everyone profile is as its name suggests for Everyone. However you can select an individual user under Users and create a profile for just them, just as you can also select and individual device instead of a device group.

As long as you don't put the same setting in more than one profile that would apply to the same user/device you should be fine.

In my own case I am putting most i.e. common settings in a group and VPN settings per individual device, this is so I can push individual client certificates along with the individual VPN settings.

Profilemanager: User-specific profiles

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.