Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't publish video on from IMovie to Youtube

I'm trying to upload videos from iMovie to Youtube, but it wont work. It tells me im using incorrect password or username. I'm positive i've been using the right password and username. I even changed my youtube password in hopes that would work, but it didn't work. Is there any way to change it?

MacBook Pro (13-inch Late 2011)

Posted on Aug 1, 2013 10:05 PM

11 replies

Aug 2, 2013 12:18 PM in response to Lexy89

It's the new YouTube/Google thing. You have to use your email associated with the YouTube account instead of username. That got it working again for me but my videos don't actually upload to my YouTube though...iMovie shows they're uploading but it's like they go to no man's land because they don't actually upload to my YouTube. Strange and frustrating. Hope this actually works for you!

Mar 1, 2014 12:23 PM in response to Lexy89

The problem is that you have two-step authentication enabled on your Google account (which owns Youtube). You need to go into your Google account (not Google+) and find the Account Security settings. I did this by clicking on my profile image in the corner of Youtube to take me to my Google+ profile page. From there click your profile image icon again and choose 'Account'. Then choose 'Security' and then look for 'App Passwords'. There you'll be able to create a password for iMovie. Use your regular username (you don't need the @gmail.com part) and voila, you're done.

Can't publish video on from IMovie to Youtube

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.