Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I completely delete ALL of my old iCloud e-mail and start from scratch? I have a huge number of old e-mails and don't want to have to spend days marking each one for deletion. Thanks!

Hello! How do I completely delete ALL my old MobileMe / iCloud e-mail? Is there a mass delete function somewhere? I have a huge amount of old e-mail and don't want to spend days (or maybe months) on my iPad marking and deleting each individual message. I also do not want to buy any more storage space. I actually called Apple support, and they could not answer this simple question. Sad - they are usually so good, too. The best suggestion they could come up was to sit on my iPad and manually delete each e-mail, one by one. Right. At that rate I might finish the job sometime in early 2014 if I make a hobby of deleting my old iCloud e-mail ;>)

I am betting that one of you has a much better solution than that! Thanks in advance for your help!!

iPad

Posted on Aug 2, 2013 4:05 AM

3 replies

Aug 3, 2013 12:50 PM in response to pvonk

Thanks for the response. However, many other e-mail systems DO offer a form of "mass deletion". You simply highlight all the e-mails you want to delete (in one quick pass, often by hitting the "shift" button and then using the "down arrow" or "page down keys) and then do so. Unfortunately the iCloud mail function does not appear to have this type of basic functionality, even when you log in via your computer. I initially tried this approach, and then called the Apple help desk, only to be told that the iCloud system cannot do this. Thanks again for your response, though. I only wish your suggestion would have worked!

How do I completely delete ALL of my old iCloud e-mail and start from scratch? I have a huge number of old e-mails and don't want to have to spend days marking each one for deletion. Thanks!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.