Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Application too big for native resolution

I have a Macbook Air mid 2009 with native resolution 1280x800. But one of the application that I have too use for work is built for 1600x1050 as a minimum. And i cant rezise it or drag it cause its at the minimum size already. And if i force it into fullscreen mode i cant even then see all the buttons i need, some of them are out of the picture.

The solution i have come up with this far is an external monitor. But i travel alot. Cant drag a external on the plane and carry to the hotel twice a week.

Found that earlier versions of OS X had som scaling function you could use. But seems to be inactivated in 10.8.

Any ideas?

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Aug 2, 2013 1:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2013 2:31 AM

The only thing that I can suggest is buying a non-Retina MacBook Pro, with the 1,680-by-1,050 pixel hi-res/anti-glare option. I know of no way to 'scale' an application that forces a given space. Might be more expensive than an external monitor, but its portable...

Clinton

2 replies

Application too big for native resolution

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.