Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my ipad switched off it's self and wont turn back on even though i've tried everything suggested here

can anyone help me please

iPad

Posted on Aug 2, 2013 2:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2013 2:58 AM

What was the ipad doing when it went dead? What was the charge on the device?

If you are sure it's charged then try holding down the home button and the sleep/wake button at the same time to reset it.

Are you sure it's not a battery/charging issue???

6 replies

Aug 2, 2013 3:14 AM in response to emmapinx

What app were you on? It could have triggered an automatic shut down because the files in the app may be corrupted.

Do you have a computer with iTunes on it? If so, plug your usb cord into the computer, pull up itunes, then hold down the home button while plugging it into the cord(which should already be plugged into the computer)... hopefully that would force it into recovery mode! Once you get to that point you'll have to restore the ipad. I hope youve done backups in the past or it will be wiped clean... good luck!

my ipad switched off it's self and wont turn back on even though i've tried everything suggested here

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.