Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't put Apple Lossless music on my iphone 5

I can't put Apple Lossless music on my iphone 5. Get unhelpful "cannot be played" message. Worked with my 3GS. Any ideas?

Posted on Aug 2, 2013 12:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2013 12:32 PM

Let's be honest here. I already know the reason. High quality sources compete with the aural skatole that is MP3s on the iTunes store. I'll contain my incandescent rage just to say there will never be another Apple product on my shopping list again. What a foul company. A true reflector of the cesspit the US has become in recent years.

17 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2013 12:32 PM in response to raidet

Let's be honest here. I already know the reason. High quality sources compete with the aural skatole that is MP3s on the iTunes store. I'll contain my incandescent rage just to say there will never be another Apple product on my shopping list again. What a foul company. A true reflector of the cesspit the US has become in recent years.

Aug 2, 2013 1:06 PM in response to raidet

Your assumption makes you look like the first 3 letters.

I've ripped many CD's (and even some LP's and 45s) and they are in AppleLossless format and play on my iPhone 5, my iPad 3, my Nano 2nd, 6th and 7th Generation.

Where did these songs originate and how did you put them into Lossless format? Have you tried putting one on a different iDevice?

Aug 2, 2013 1:13 PM in response to raidet

Just to confirm, these Apple Lossless tracks do play in iTunes, yes?

I can confirm deggie's statement: I have dozens of Apple Lossless tracks on multiple iOS devices as well as other iPods and they play without problem. None were converted from WAV, though, so perhaps there's something glitching in the conversion process. What version of iOS and iTunes are you running?

Regards.

Aug 2, 2013 1:22 PM in response to raidet

My version number appears to be 10.0.4.4

That can't be correct since that old version would not be able to sync to an iPhone running iOS 6.1.4. Are you sure it's not iTunes 11.0.4.4?

If you find that you do have iTunes 11, and again presuming that the tracks play correctly in iTunes, rip a CD or two directly to Apple Lossless and see if those tracks will sync. That will tell us if it's a problem converting from WAV to Lossless or if the problem is elsewhere, perhaps in the iPhone.

Regards.

I can't put Apple Lossless music on my iphone 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.