Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mail rule + applescript. auto attachment download and rename file.

Hello there!

I want to automatically download any attachments that arive from a specific email sender to a specific email account of mine. these may be .doc or .xls or .pdf files. I want the attachments to be saved in a folder on my desktop, but renamed as follows: "dd/mm/yyyy - original attachment name"

{dd/mm/yyyy refers to the day/month/year the email arrived, then a "(space)-(space)", and then the original filename of the attachment}

I understand this requires a combination of a mail rule to select the specific email sender, but then I need an applescript in order to do the downloading/renaming process. Can someone please provide me with a complete script for that. I would deeply appreciate it. I found downloading scripts, but none with renaming in a specific format as mine, in order to customize it according to my needs. I am not fluent in script-language so please slightly explain the steps along.

Thank you!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Aug 2, 2013 1:39 PM

There are no replies.

mail rule + applescript. auto attachment download and rename file.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.