Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The wrong 'image' is appearing on my emails? How do I refresh my computer?

I receive emails from my website whenever a customer places an order. It is a copy of the confirmation email the customer receives. Since the latest upgrade of the website, the image that I see on my computer is from the vendor and not my company logo (the customer is recieving the correct image). I need to 'refresh' my email to get the correct image.... How do I do this??? I'm sure it is something extremely simple that I am overlooking.....

iMac, Mac OS X (10.4.9)

Posted on Aug 2, 2013 2:16 PM

6 replies

Aug 2, 2013 2:35 PM in response to betsyrg

Open System Preferences > Users & Groups then select the Password tab.

Click the photo once to make changes.

From the Mail Help menu ...

• A picture can appear if you or a recipient has a card containing a picture in Contacts. You can delete, change, or add a picture to a recipient’s card in Contacts.
  • A picture can appear for you, based on the default picture used for your user account in System Preferences. You can change the picture in System Preferences.
  • A picture can appear if the picture’s filename matches a recipient’s email address, has a .tiff extension (such as eharrold@example.com.tiff), and is located in any Library/Images/People folder. To view the Library folder (which is hidden by default) in your home folder, in Finder choose Go > “Go to Folder” and then enter ~/Library. You can search for a picture file and delete, rename, or replace it. (The picture will appear in other apps that use the email address, such as Contacts or Messages.)

Aug 2, 2013 11:03 PM in response to Linc Davis

The image on the server is correct. I have checked and verified that it is twice. When I recieve the confirmation email on my iPhone, the image is correct as well. I also receive a copy of the email on my iMac and the image is correct there as well. It is only incorrect on my MacBook Pro. During the upgrade process, I must have recieved an order confirmation before the correct jpg file was put in place and ever since then I get the wrong image appearing as the 'banner' across my confirmation email. I have exited Mail and re-started it. But I still get the same 'wrong' image. I have rebooted my computer... still the wrong image.... my tech person says to refresh but he is a Windows person... Not sure how to translate that to a Mac.

Aug 2, 2013 11:16 PM in response to betsyrg

Please follow these directions to delete the Mail "sandbox" folder.

Back up all data.

Triple-click the line below to select it:

~/Library/Containers/com.apple.mail

Right-click or control-click the highlighted line and select

Services Reveal

from the contextual menu.* A Finder window should open with a folder named "com.apple.mail" selected. If it does, move the selected foldernot just its contents — to the Desktop. Leave the Finder window open for now.

Log out and log back in. Launch Mail and test. If the problem is resolved, you may have to recreate some of your Mail settings. You can then delete the folder you moved and close the Finder window. If you still have the problem, quit Mail again and put the folder back where it was, overwriting the one that may have been created in its place. Post your results.

Caution: If you change any of the contents of the sandbox, but leave the folder itself in place, Mail may crash or not launch at all. Deleting the whole sandbox will cause it to be rebuilt automatically.

*If you don't see the contextual menu item, copy the selected text to the Clipboard (command-C). In the Finder, select

Go Go to Folder...

from the menu bar, paste into the box that opens (command-V). You won't see what you pasted because a line break is included. Press return.

The wrong 'image' is appearing on my emails? How do I refresh my computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.