Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why Can't I Connect My New MacBook Pro to My AirPort Network?

I have kind of an embarrassing question I hope you can help me with. I just purchased a new MacBook Pro. When I turned it on for this first time this evening, I was unable to connect to my wireless network despite the fact that the AirPort Extreme unit was turned on. I have been able to successfully connect to my wireless network using both my iMac and my older MacBook. I entered the password correctly -- but I am unable to click the Join button (the button remains ghosted even after I type in the correct password). Am I doing something wrong? I hesitate to change the password to my wireless network because it looks a bit tricky. Plus, I'm afraid that if I change it, not only will I not be able to access it with my new laptop but I won't be able to with my old laptop and desktop as well. I know I must be doing something wrong; I just don't know what. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

iMac, Mac OS 9.0.x

Posted on Aug 2, 2013 3:53 PM

1 reply

Aug 2, 2013 9:58 PM in response to Thomas Schmidt5

Besides obviously ensuring the password is 100% correct, any troubleshooting suggestions I can think of lead to resetting your AirPort Extreme and possibly changing its password to something your new MacBook Pro recognizes, which you're understandably reluctant to do.

See if this helps: AirPort: Joining an encrypted WEP or WPA Wi-Fi network

You bought a new Mac so why not avail yourself of Apple's 90 days of complimentary technical support? They will be very pleasant to speak to, once you get past their automated voice recognition system (which is actually pretty good). If there is a long hold time, they call you back.

800-APL-CARE in the US.

Call early in the day, and I'm pretty sure they don't work weekends.

Why Can't I Connect My New MacBook Pro to My AirPort Network?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.