Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

recover deleted notes

Are you able recover deleted notes from your iphone/iPad?

iPad 2

Posted on Aug 2, 2013 6:40 PM

13 replies

Apr 14, 2014 2:29 PM in response to ibncook60

I updated to IOS 7 a few days ago, everything seemed fine (apart from some awful new features, rubbish fonts and a much diminished "maps" experience) - all of my old notes were there too. Then today, all the notes have disappeared. For no apparent reason.

I've just spent two hours of my life online trying to find a way to recover these notes. All to no avail.

It's not the end of the world, what I've lost are a few months of personal musings and some work notes. Still extremely annoying though, and what makes it worse is I've seen very little input into the "lost notes" debate from Apple themselves. This I find to be typical of the company.

The only saving grace is that I've recently been considering buying a macbook pro - suffice to say this is a purchase I will definitely not be making now.

Apr 14, 2014 3:23 PM in response to Carolinascozzese

It's mad. The thing with apple is I really want to like them but they make it so difficult. Whenever I have any dealings with anyone who actually works for them, they assume you have a ton of knowledge which actually only they or some extremely techy nerds (or teenagers) actually have. For example my itunes library is all over the place, purchases spread over two computers and an iphone, all supposedly synced now with icloud but this is not the case. They also have absolute amnesia when it comes to talking about last year's products. I remember years ago I foolishly bought a G3 laptop running OS9 just before OSX came out - result was that within just a few months I couldn't get new software for it, and asking staff in the apple store for help just lead to a lot of blank looks as if to say "we're selling OSX now, you're dead to us." I soon went back to a windows laptop.. and obviously a world of microsoft pain but that's a different forum.. And what a blast when I got an iphone4, plugged it into my ipod speaker docking station and the message read "charging not supported with this accessory" - and I had to spend about 2 hours looking for a solution online, buying a transformer widget which cost ÂŁ30, and no doubt the same has happened with everyone who is now on iphone5. I also knew the IOS7 update was awful and resisted updating until just the other day, only reason I updated at all was because I was still on IOS5 and lots of my apps were getting buggy or outdated - of course now I wish I'd not bothered and alas there is no rollback option.

This lost notes issue has reminded me why I shouldn't buy the macbook pro I've been looking at, and I'm not just saying that for added dramatic effect. I have the money, my old vaio is on its last legs, a new laptop purchase is imminent. I'm fairly exasperated with windows but right now I think I'll take my chances with that, rather than have to deal with these clowns.

Actually while typing this I have just been scanning my iphone using a free trial version of the "Wondershare Dr Fone" software which others have linked to on this forum. A scan has actually found all but one of the missing notes! However, to retrieve the notes I have to actually buy the full version of the software at over ÂŁ55 which is about $85! But... amazingly, the contents of most notes are actually viewable down the right hand side of the scan window... so... its possible to simply open a word document and retype the note. A bit laborious but I've still got the ability to retrieve my work.

So thanks apple, thanks ever so much for making this solution so clear and easy to find.

Apr 21, 2015 2:32 AM in response to ibncook60

If you backup with iTunes and you restored from the backup and the notes were gone, then there is no where to retrieve them from unless you have another backup that contains those notes.

Launch iTunes on the computer and go to iTunes>Preferences>Devices. You will see a window with all of your backups listed in it.

If you see a recent backup that you are certain contains the notes that you need, recover deleted notes from iPhone backup.

If your note is gone from iCloud.com there is only a few ways to possibly recover it.

The first things I would check is a iCloud Backup, a iTunes Backup, or a 3rd party email that may have contained the note. To restore from a iCloud or iTunes backup follow this link. This article explains how to restore a device from either back up.

Note if you have backed up since the note went missing, you will not have the note on the backup. Make sure you do not back up if trying to restore from a back up as this will back up the content without the note.

To get to the "Set up assistant" on an iOS device, you must go to Settings>General>Reset>Erase All Content and Settings. Once the phone restarts, you will be at the "Set up Assistant"

Gmail emails are very commmon sources for notes and you may have been adding them to the gmail notes without even knowing it.

Jan 5, 2016 9:45 PM in response to ibncook60

In the latest iOS 9.x (and maybe some of the runner up versions), if you accidentally delete a note, just search for it, and when you try to edit it will say "recently deleted notes cannot be edited. To edit this note, recover it first". Then go ahead and click on the "Recover" button.

Easy-peasy.

RichK3542534465

You don't need to go away from apple anymore.😁

User uploaded file

recover deleted notes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.