Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After migration, 10.4.11 clients don't connect to 10.6.8 share

Ok, I am going to see if I can explain this correctly, and where it makes sense:

I just migrated a 10.4.11 drive's data to a 10.6.8 drive, including all users, etc. Everything worked PRIOR to the mighration, but now none of the 10.4.11 clients/workstations connect to the 10.6.8 shares as a guest on the Mac Pro we're using. All of the other machines that are using 10.6.8 can connect fine. In fact, when I try to connect to the share as a guest (that's how we have our stuff set up), I get a panel blank of available shares on the 10.4.11 machines. I did try logging on to the 10.6.8 machine, which gave me the shares. I have the guest account allowed to access files on the 10.6.8 machine, the Public folder.

How do I get the 10.4.11 machines to be able to see that 10.6.8 machine and share data as a guest?

I will provide other details as necessary to get this solved!

Posted on Aug 2, 2013 7:09 PM

There are no replies.

After migration, 10.4.11 clients don't connect to 10.6.8 share

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.