Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphoto uploading to facebook in duplicates and then deleting the album

Iphoto could not handly my 450 picture iphoto album upload to a facebook album and crashed halfway through. Iphoto, upon reopening, thought it hadnt uploaded at all and started duplicating photos. ending with 800 in the album before I desynchronized it. When i desynchronized the facebook sharing on iphoto, it deleted all the pictures i had tried to upload! I managed to get them back through photo stream, but the album I had spent so much time to upload to facebook had dissapeared. I am now just frustrated at the app and would love to hear that everything is reversible or at least preventable!

On a side note, iphoto also trys to "import" ghost images it has that never show up but every time i open the app, it asks if i want to "import 7 photos" and then says

"The photos have been placed in the folder /Users/zachargenbright/Pictures/iPhoto Library_26.photolibrary Recovered Photos."

I'm almost at the point of deleting the app and finding an alternative..

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2012), iOS 6.1.4, i7 processor

Posted on Aug 2, 2013 8:44 PM

2 replies

Aug 2, 2013 10:34 PM in response to zachargenbright

is reversible or at least preventable!

If you upload directly from inside iPhoto, Facebook will sync with your iPhoto albums - if you delete or edit on Facebook, it will delete from your album in iPhoto and vice versa. It is much less trouble to export any album you want to publish to your Desktop and to use the web interface to upload to Facebook.

On a side note, iphoto also trys to "import" ghost images it has that never show up but every time i open the app, it asks if i want to "import 7 photos" and then says

"The photos have been placed in the folder /Users/zachargenbright/Pictures/iPhoto Library_26.photolibrary Recovered Photos."

That looks to me like your iPhoto libray has become corrupted, due to a crash. There are a few photos in your iPhoto library, that are no longer connected to thumbnails in the Browser. iPhoto will place them into a recovered album, since none of your photos is connected to them.

Make a backup of your iPhoto Library and run the Library First Aid Tools to rebuild your iPhoto library. To run the First Aid, hold down the key combination ⌥⌘(alt/opt command) while double clicking the iPhoto icon to launch iPhoto. Run both "Repair permissions" and "Rebuild database" from the First Aid panel. There is probably a permissions problem as well, if your recovered photos keep reappearing.

Regards

Léonie

Aug 2, 2013 10:42 PM in response to léonie

to stop the request to import "ghost" photos right click on the iPhoto library and show package contents - find the folder named import (or importing) and drag it to the desktop - do not make any more changes of any sort - and launch iPhoto - your message will be gone

Then open the import(ing) folder on the desktop and see if there are any photos you want in it - if there are import them to iPhoto and then delete the remaining photos and the folder

LN

Iphoto uploading to facebook in duplicates and then deleting the album

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.