Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes store is currently unavailable only for most recently purchased content

I have a new issue: when attempting to access the three most recent TV series that I purchased, I get the error, "iTunes store is currently unavailable. Please try again later." This has been occurring consistently for the last three days, even after completely resetting the Apple TV and re-logging into my iTunes account. I can access newest series on my iPad and iTunes but Apple TV will not play them, only give me the error. It will, however, play anything I purchased prior to the three most recent purchases. Maddening!

AppleTV 2, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Aug 2, 2013 8:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2013 8:50 PM

This happened to us tonight, only for one TV show. Resetting the Apple TVs or signing out and back in didn't work. We were able to get around it was to search for the TV show as if we were going to buy it again, then select it and it plays with no problem! Hope this helps...

36 replies

Aug 4, 2013 4:39 PM in response to DeRochier

I've been experiencing the same problem for the last several days. When clicking on certain TV shows (not specifically most recently purchased) through the purchased tab it goes straight to this error. The workaround by searching for the show works fine but is still a pain in the arse.

It's really annoying when you try and do the right thing by paying for content (often far more expensive than even physical mediums that aren't DRM'd up the wazoo) and we can't even watch it because of server problems.

Possibly more annoying is how crummy Apple service has become. I called to report the problem, they tell me to fill out a webform, they respond telling me to call. Seriously? Just fix your **** servers.

Aug 8, 2013 9:09 PM in response to DeRochier

Same problem. I first tried rebooting, then I tried resetting and logging in. Tried updating, but it is already up to date. I ran the test network function and the network is fine. Netflix even works on the Apple TV, it just won't do anything that requires access to the iTunes Store servers.

Model: MC572LL/A

Apple TV Software: 5.3 (6105)

Signal Strenth: Max (5 bars)

Apple, please acknowledge that there is a problem and a solution is in the works. Give us hope!

Aug 11, 2013 4:50 PM in response to DeRochier

i've been seeing this for the past week and half but only with two of my shows, jon stewart and southpark...makes u wonder if there is a conspiracy here... :-)

...anyway, i spent a half hour on the phone with an apple tech and after some investigation on his part, he has escalated it to "apple engineering" - whatever that means. he did acknowledge that this was an apple issue... hopefully, they will track it down and fix it soon. it is an inconvenience.

Aug 13, 2013 2:29 PM in response to DeRochier

So it's now 11 days since this thread was started and still silence from Apple.

My problems stared after I installed the update. I can't buy anything new and now, because I tried to reset, I need to enter my account details every time because it won't remember an unsuccessful attempt.

Both of my Apple TV's are going back to the store on Friday for a refund. I've had enough of being treated like this.

Aug 19, 2013 7:47 AM in response to ELWebb

Thank you!!! I've been struggling with this for weeks now on my Multi-passes to the Daily Show and the Colbert Report. Multiple e-mails with Apple Support, sending me links to general troubleshooting articles, then finally referring me to phone support which wanted $19.99 to connect me to a tech. My most disappointing Apple experience ever.

iTunes store is currently unavailable only for most recently purchased content

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.