3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 3, 2013 11:28 AM by Niku
Niku Level 2 Level 2 (285 points)

Sometime this evening I lost the ability to open Safari. I've turned my computer off and on, and repaired Permissions with Disc Utility, but that didn't nelp. When I try to open Safari, I see the following message on my screen:

"Safari  can't open the page ?" followed by "Safari can't open the page "http.//./" the page address isn't valid"

Could it be that this problem is affecting more than my machine?

iDVD 7.1.1 (1150)
  • grannersteven93 Level 2 Level 2 (150 points)

It sounds like Safari is opening fine, but the webpage you are trying to access if having an error...

Are you properly connected to the internet? Do you get this same error when trying to access any other webpage?

Screenshots of your issue would be helpful if youre able to provide any

• Niku Level 2 Level 2 (285 points)

grannersteven93 wrote:

Are you properly connected to the internet? Do you get this same error when trying to access any other webpage?

---

No, I can connect with Opera, Google Chrome, or Firefox with  no problem. I can also use HISTORY to  connect to all of the websites I've visited recently.

+++++++

Screenshots of your issue would be helpful if youre able to provide any

--

Nothing happens when I click on SHIFT-COMMAND-3.

+++++

I was hoping that the problem would have been fixed by today, but no such luck.

• Niku Level 2 Level 2 (285 points)

Progress, I guess. Now when I click on Safari, I have a blank screen, BUT Safari works. By that I mean that when I type  a URL in the search bar, or use the Google bar, they work. So now I'm looking for a way to build a useful and attractive Home Page for Safari. That's another topic, so I'm going to close this out and post another question. Thanks for your help.