Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't open Safari

Sometime this evening I lost the ability to open Safari. I've turned my computer off and on, and repaired Permissions with Disc Utility, but that didn't nelp. When I try to open Safari, I see the following message on my screen:

"Safari can't open the page ?" followed by "Safari can't open the page "http.//./" the page address isn't valid"

Could it be that this problem is affecting more than my machine?

iDVD 7.1.1 (1150)

Posted on Aug 2, 2013 9:57 PM

3 replies

Aug 3, 2013 6:13 AM in response to grannersteven93

grannersteven93 wrote:

Are you properly connected to the internet? Do you get this same error when trying to access any other webpage?

---

No, I can connect with Opera, Google Chrome, or Firefox with no problem. I can also use HISTORY to connect to all of the websites I've visited recently.

+++++++

Screenshots of your issue would be helpful if youre able to provide any

--

Nothing happens when I click on SHIFT-COMMAND-3.

+++++

I was hoping that the problem would have been fixed by today, but no such luck.

Aug 3, 2013 11:28 AM in response to Niku

Progress, I guess. Now when I click on Safari, I have a blank screen, BUT Safari works. By that I mean that when I type a URL in the search bar, or use the Google bar, they work. So now I'm looking for a way to build a useful and attractive Home Page for Safari. That's another topic, so I'm going to close this out and post another question. Thanks for your help.

I can't open Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.