Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If MacKeeper's malware, then what application would let me clean my MacBook from junk?

Hi,

As said in the title, if MacKeeper is malware, what application would let me clean my mac?

My startup disk is almost full, and I can't stay on the computer for 1 hour !

Any help is appreciated.

Adrian,

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Aug 3, 2013 12:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2013 12:51 AM

Your question is answered in your other thread.

The Mac has a cache cleaning system: daily, weekly, monthly.

So do not use any "cleaner".

Cleaning caches thus does not do anything for you. Especially "cleaning" languages that you do not use is contraeffective: some OSX accesses on some languages that are not there anymore can create problems.

You have to search in your data and files that can be taken off the computer, either by deleting (when you do not have to keep it anymore) or by transferring it to an exeternal (backup) disk.

Start with the largest ones.

Also you have to realise that Libraries (especially movies) take a LOT of space: see what you can take out there and what not, I have my media libraries on an external.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2013 12:51 AM in response to Adrian Widjaja

Your question is answered in your other thread.

The Mac has a cache cleaning system: daily, weekly, monthly.

So do not use any "cleaner".

Cleaning caches thus does not do anything for you. Especially "cleaning" languages that you do not use is contraeffective: some OSX accesses on some languages that are not there anymore can create problems.

You have to search in your data and files that can be taken off the computer, either by deleting (when you do not have to keep it anymore) or by transferring it to an exeternal (backup) disk.

Start with the largest ones.

Also you have to realise that Libraries (especially movies) take a LOT of space: see what you can take out there and what not, I have my media libraries on an external.

If MacKeeper's malware, then what application would let me clean my MacBook from junk?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.