4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 3, 2013 5:24 AM by Demo
galkindron Level 1 Level 1

I have been playing Jetpack Joyride for nearly a year on my father's IPad 2 with his Apple ID. Now I have an IPhone 5, which is working under my Apple ID, and I don't want to start all over again. Is there any way to transfer my progress?

P.S. I tried using Game Center, and it oly syncs highscores and achievements, not my in-game money and completed missions.

iPad 2, iOS 6.1.3
Solved by Demo on Aug 3, 2013 5:24 AM Solved
You would have to restore from you father's backup and then use his Apple ID in order to update the game moving forward. Then you would also have all of your father's data on your iPad, because when you restore from a backup, You restore everything in that backup to your device. So there is really no easy or effective way of doing what you want to do.
Reply by Libby101a on Aug 3, 2013 3:57 AM Helpful
Unfortunately there's no way to do this unless the game has a username and password that you sign in within the game format. If Apple allowed users to use different apple IDs and get the same purchase how would they ever make money?  Each purchase made on apps is associated with the Apple ID it was purchased under... they cant' be transferred or used by another Apple ID.

All replies

• Libby101a Level 2 Level 2

Unfortunately there's no way to do this unless the game has a username and password that you sign in within the game format. If Apple allowed users to use different apple IDs and get the same purchase how would they ever make money?

Each purchase made on apps is associated with the Apple ID it was purchased under... they cant' be transferred or used by another Apple ID.

• galkindron Level 1 Level 1

You didn't get that. Of course, I will buy the game on my Apple ID. I wrote "in-game money", not "in-game purchases", wright? This means that "in-game money" is part of my progress, the money I have been collecting in game, not connected to real money. I understand that all real purchases can't be transfered between IDs, the question is in game data.

• Libby101a Level 2 Level 2

Only if the game uses a user ID and password that you could sign in with...

• Demo Level 10 Level 10
    expertise.ipad
    iPad

You would have to restore from you father's backup and then use his Apple ID in order to update the game moving forward. Then you would also have all of your father's data on your iPad, because when you restore from a backup, You restore everything in that backup to your device.

So there is really no easy or effective way of doing what you want to do.