Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I transfer game data from IPad under one Apple ID to IPhone under another?

I have been playing Jetpack Joyride for nearly a year on my father's IPad 2 with his Apple ID. Now I have an IPhone 5, which is working under my Apple ID, and I don't want to start all over again. Is there any way to transfer my progress?

P.S. I tried using Game Center, and it oly syncs highscores and achievements, not my in-game money and completed missions.

iPad 2, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Aug 3, 2013 3:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2013 3:57 AM

Unfortunately there's no way to do this unless the game has a username and password that you sign in within the game format. If Apple allowed users to use different apple IDs and get the same purchase how would they ever make money?

Each purchase made on apps is associated with the Apple ID it was purchased under... they cant' be transferred or used by another Apple ID.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2013 3:57 AM in response to galkindron

Unfortunately there's no way to do this unless the game has a username and password that you sign in within the game format. If Apple allowed users to use different apple IDs and get the same purchase how would they ever make money?

Each purchase made on apps is associated with the Apple ID it was purchased under... they cant' be transferred or used by another Apple ID.

Aug 3, 2013 4:22 AM in response to Libby101a

You didn't get that. Of course, I will buy the game on my Apple ID. I wrote "in-game money", not "in-game purchases", wright? This means that "in-game money" is part of my progress, the money I have been collecting in game, not connected to real money. I understand that all real purchases can't be transfered between IDs, the question is in game data.

Aug 3, 2013 5:24 AM in response to galkindron

You would have to restore from you father's backup and then use his Apple ID in order to update the game moving forward. Then you would also have all of your father's data on your iPad, because when you restore from a backup, You restore everything in that backup to your device.

So there is really no easy or effective way of doing what you want to do.

How can I transfer game data from IPad under one Apple ID to IPhone under another?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.