Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can i Download Microsoft Word to iMac (Intel)

Hi There

I have a Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 CD Rom.

can this be used with the iMac (Intel)? i have inserted the CD and when i try to download it it says there is no application to open the document with.

Thanks

iMac

Posted on Aug 3, 2013 2:40 AM

3 replies

Aug 3, 2013 3:03 AM in response to monloui

The three version of MS Office for Mac are 2004, 2008 and 2011. Your Office 2007 is a Windows version, and it won't work on a Mac. Unless you install Windows OS on a Mac under "Boot Camp" or "Parallels Desktop". Then you can install Office 2007 in your Windows OS which reside in your iMac. Software you need to get started:

1. your Office 2007
  2. Parallels Desktop
  3. Windows 7 or 8

For your iMac I would recommend you to just get:

Office for mac 2011

Aug 3, 2013 3:00 AM in response to monloui

No it can not unless you first install a version of Windows on your Mac.

But you kcan buy Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac and install that which includes Word Excel Powerpoint and Outloook. Outlook is only included in the Business version of the Mac Office version.

monloui wrote:

Hi There

I have a Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 CD Rom.

can this be used with the iMac (Intel)? i have inserted the CD and when i try to download it it says there is no application to open the document with.

Thanks

Aug 3, 2013 5:03 AM in response to Dr.Mac.

I have an IMAC with Parallels Desktop Software using Windows 7 as a virtual machine. I have had this running with my MAC for almost 19 months with no problems. I can run any windows or MAC application at the same time. Make sure you get a machine with a decent amount of RAM, at least 8GB. I'm running 16GB, Parallels Windows 7 uses 4GB, and the MAC uses the rest. This is the way to go if you need to run programs from both operating systems simultaneously.

Can i Download Microsoft Word to iMac (Intel)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.