Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

installing configuration profile using iphone configuration utility 3.5

Hi all,

I´m trying to install a defined configuration-profile using the iphone configuration utility 3.5.

Mac OS X 10.8.4

iphone configuration utility 3.5

connected device:

iPhone 5 iOS 6.1.4

iPad iOS 6.1.3

I can see both devices and select the configuration profile. But I cannot install the profile using the "install" button.

Any idea what`s going wrong?

Thanks

Oliver

Posted on Aug 3, 2013 6:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2014 1:34 PM

This happens to me too with my daughter's iPhone 3GS on iOS 6.1.4 and the latest version of the Configuration utility for Windows (3.6.2.300). I think it has something to do with certificates and signing. It's possible that the iOS 6.1.4 is too new for the iPhone Configuration Utility. It seems like the new way to do this is with the new Apple Configurator, which only runs on Macs. :-(

However, as a workaround, in the iPhone Configuration Utility for Windows I clicked on the configuration profile I wanted to install, clicked on Share, changed security to None, and clicked Share. This opened up an email with the configuration as an attachment. I sent the email to the phone. I then opened that email on the phone and installed the profile by tapping on the attachment. That worked fine as long as the profile was not signed. (I think the certificates for signing may be out of date or something like that?)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2014 1:34 PM in response to Oliver-LL

This happens to me too with my daughter's iPhone 3GS on iOS 6.1.4 and the latest version of the Configuration utility for Windows (3.6.2.300). I think it has something to do with certificates and signing. It's possible that the iOS 6.1.4 is too new for the iPhone Configuration Utility. It seems like the new way to do this is with the new Apple Configurator, which only runs on Macs. :-(

However, as a workaround, in the iPhone Configuration Utility for Windows I clicked on the configuration profile I wanted to install, clicked on Share, changed security to None, and clicked Share. This opened up an email with the configuration as an attachment. I sent the email to the phone. I then opened that email on the phone and installed the profile by tapping on the attachment. That worked fine as long as the profile was not signed. (I think the certificates for signing may be out of date or something like that?)

installing configuration profile using iphone configuration utility 3.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.