Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie 6.0.4 suddenly crashes constantly

I have been using iMovie 6.0.4, running OSX 10.8.4 for a long time. Suddenly about 3 days ago, I can only have it runing for a minute or two before it crashes, even if I'm not doing anything.

If I log in as a guest user it seems to work fine. I know that means something in troubleshooting the problem, but I forget the next steps I need to take.

If I remember correctly, I installed an update to FCP recently which might have something to do with it.

Thanks

OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Aug 3, 2013 9:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2013 12:48 PM

Hi

Yes if a new user works OK - then the problem use to be one or more corrupted pref files.

and they are hidden in the Library IN YOUR USER ACCOUNT FOLDER the other one on first window on your Mac hard is is the Root Library - the wrong one.

In Your User-Library / Preferenses You find some named

com.apple.iMovie

and

com.apple.iLife.app

or resembling this. Search forum and You get the exact names on them

move them to destop - now start iMovie again and new fresh ones are created

Yours Bengt W (not at his Mac but on an iPad - so I can not see the proper names)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2013 12:48 PM in response to David Yellen

Hi

Yes if a new user works OK - then the problem use to be one or more corrupted pref files.

and they are hidden in the Library IN YOUR USER ACCOUNT FOLDER the other one on first window on your Mac hard is is the Root Library - the wrong one.

In Your User-Library / Preferenses You find some named

com.apple.iMovie

and

com.apple.iLife.app

or resembling this. Search forum and You get the exact names on them

move them to destop - now start iMovie again and new fresh ones are created

Yours Bengt W (not at his Mac but on an iPad - so I can not see the proper names)

iMovie 6.0.4 suddenly crashes constantly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.