Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I sync my music from my computer to my Ipod?

I am having difficulty transfering new music from my ITunes on my computer to my Ipod.

iPod nano, Windows 7

Posted on Aug 3, 2013 9:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2013 1:29 PM

You probably need to set up (or update) automatic syncing, which is the best way to load content on an iPod; here's how to do it.

Select the iPod in iTunes. There is a row of "tabs" (buttons) starting with Summary. Next to Summary, click on the Music. This screen is the Music tab where you tell iTunes how to sync songs to your iPod. It may already be set up, but based on how it is set up, your "new" music may not be included in the selection of songs.

Check the box for Sync Music, if it's not already. If your entire music library fits on the iPod, you can choose to sync Entire music library. You don't need to read any further; just click Apply. Otherwise, you can choose to sync Selected playlists, artists, albums, and genres.

Below that, select (checkmark) the playlists, artists, albums, and/or genres that you want on the iPod. If those new songs are not included, they will not sync. When you click Apply, your selection syncs to the iPod. Going forward, any changes to your iTunes library that relate to your selection on the Music tab sync automatically to the iPod, when you connect it (or click the Sync button).

Here's one easy way to set it up. In your iTunes library, create a new regular playlist; call it something like "iPod Songs" (or whatever you want). From your main iTunes music library, load that iPod Songs playlist with ALL the songs you want on the iPod. On the iPod's Music tab, select that iPod Songs playlist (under Playlists). When you click Apply, those songs sync to the iPod. Going forward, to update songs on the iPod, just update that iPod Songs playlist (add and/or remove songs) in iTunes and connect your iPod. iTunes updates the iPod with the same changes.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2013 1:29 PM in response to Nancy8747

You probably need to set up (or update) automatic syncing, which is the best way to load content on an iPod; here's how to do it.

Select the iPod in iTunes. There is a row of "tabs" (buttons) starting with Summary. Next to Summary, click on the Music. This screen is the Music tab where you tell iTunes how to sync songs to your iPod. It may already be set up, but based on how it is set up, your "new" music may not be included in the selection of songs.

Check the box for Sync Music, if it's not already. If your entire music library fits on the iPod, you can choose to sync Entire music library. You don't need to read any further; just click Apply. Otherwise, you can choose to sync Selected playlists, artists, albums, and genres.

Below that, select (checkmark) the playlists, artists, albums, and/or genres that you want on the iPod. If those new songs are not included, they will not sync. When you click Apply, your selection syncs to the iPod. Going forward, any changes to your iTunes library that relate to your selection on the Music tab sync automatically to the iPod, when you connect it (or click the Sync button).

Here's one easy way to set it up. In your iTunes library, create a new regular playlist; call it something like "iPod Songs" (or whatever you want). From your main iTunes music library, load that iPod Songs playlist with ALL the songs you want on the iPod. On the iPod's Music tab, select that iPod Songs playlist (under Playlists). When you click Apply, those songs sync to the iPod. Going forward, to update songs on the iPod, just update that iPod Songs playlist (add and/or remove songs) in iTunes and connect your iPod. iTunes updates the iPod with the same changes.

How do I sync my music from my computer to my Ipod?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.