Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery life on Haswell

I got my new Haswell MacBook Air just 2 days ago, and also, this is my first ever MacBook.

So, I just noticed something in the System Information app that worries me.

I noticed that the full charge capaciy is greater than the charge remaining, even on a full charge, and so on. I am posting the image below.

User uploaded file

Is this normal, or did I get a defective battery? If so, what do I do now? I am leaving my town for 2 years in 2 days, so I need help fast!

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Aug 3, 2013 11:36 AM

7 replies

Aug 3, 2013 11:59 AM in response to dhamaniasad

Welcome to Apple Support Communities

"Full Charge Capacity" is the maximum amount of power your battery can handle, and "Charge Remaining" refers to the power your battery has got now.

Always "Charge Remaining" will be the same or less than "Full Charge Capacity", because this last one refers to the capacity your battery has got when it's at 100%. Nothing to worry about

Aug 3, 2013 3:07 PM in response to dhamaniasad

User uploaded file

Much better now, your solution worked.

Thanks a lot! I really can't thank you enough! Your replies were fast and all were helpful!

Sorry I accidentally clicked this helped me instead of this solved my problem.

Now I am getting 10 hours remaining on my full charge, and also full mah charge. I noticed one thing though, my battery went from 9:58 to 10:08 to 10:18 to 10:21 while typing this, thats good, but could that be caused by some other problem? Alright, its 10:20 now, so finally settling?

Edit : i went up to 10:30 now.

Message was edited by: dhamaniasad

Battery life on Haswell

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.