Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unwanted programes open on start up

When I start my MBPR several programes open up including Word, Exel, my CAD prog, iTunes.

I checked my log in items under my user account but don't see them there. How do I stop them opening?

Posted on Aug 3, 2013 1:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2013 1:26 PM

Make sure they are closed when you restart or turn off the MacBook. Also, in the restart or shutdown window, untick "Reopen windows when logging back in".

If it doesn't work, open a Finder window, select Go menu (on the menu bar) > Go to Folder, and type /Library/StartupItems. You should see files related to those apps, that you have to delete from the folder

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2013 1:26 PM in response to cadplan

Make sure they are closed when you restart or turn off the MacBook. Also, in the restart or shutdown window, untick "Reopen windows when logging back in".

If it doesn't work, open a Finder window, select Go menu (on the menu bar) > Go to Folder, and type /Library/StartupItems. You should see files related to those apps, that you have to delete from the folder

unwanted programes open on start up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.