Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 won't charge?

Having real trouble getting my iPhone 5 to charge. When I plug in the lightning cable, it will not connect unless I pull upwards on the cable (I imagine pushing the terminals of the lightning connector to be forced downwards into the phone). As soon as I release the pressure the phone stops charging. It's not an issue with the cable as I have the same problem with two of my Apple lightning cables AND a Belkin cable as well. The phone has come into contact with water as indicated by the pink for in the SIM tray BUT I'm almost certain this is unrelated - it came into contact with water some months ago and I have had zero problems with charging until three days ago.

Any ideas how to fix this? (I've already tried cleaning the 9-pin port on the phone with a cocktail stick, tissue, and cotton buds.)

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Aug 3, 2013 5:18 PM

1 reply

iPhone 5 won't charge?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.