Related Article: Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone or iPad to your Mac or PC

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm trying to import selected photos from iPhoto to my iPhone 4. I follow the directions, but I can't get sync to activate. Is this the same thing as apply?

I'm trying to import selected photos from iPhoto to my iPhone 4. I follow the directions, but I can't get sync to activate. Is this the same thing as apply?

OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Aug 3, 2013 4:51 PM

14 replies

Aug 3, 2013 5:16 PM in response to TJBUSMC1973

well, now I'm getting rather confused. something called iStream has showed up on my iPhone, in addition to album, which has more photos than album. Is there where all the photos from the album on iPhone ended up on my iPhone? I may have to go to the Apple Store or find a 12 year old to explain it to me

Aug 3, 2013 5:40 PM in response to TJBUSMC1973

I read the articles, clicked on apply and it became sync. Then I clicked on sync. I got a message that said it was syncing all 169 images in the album I selected. Then I went to my iphone and it saysPhotostream has 41 photos and the album has 35, so I have no idea where the other images are. I'd certainly welcome any suggestions. (sorry I said iStream when I meant Photostream). I've used Apples since 1986 but I'm 64 now so it's probably getting too complicated for me to use easily.

Aug 3, 2013 6:30 PM in response to gbron

Don't sell yourself short, gbron. I've seen posts from people in their 20s on here that have no clue what they're doing! You're just fine.

It shows fewer images in the Album on the iPhone than on the computer? That's kind of odd, it sounds like you were taking the right steps.

Let me mull this over a bit. Hopefully, one of the more experienced gurus here (some of them older than you!!) will know it off the top of their head...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.