Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do iTunes gift cards ever expire or lose value?

I have received several iTunes gift cards. They were given to me between 2 and 5 years ago. I have not entered them into iTunes yet, because once you do that you can never transfer the credit to another iTunes account.

Do iTunes gift cards ever expire or lose value? I am in Massachusetts, in the US. In the past, I have had gift cards that expired after 1 year, or that lose $2 per month until they are drained (only if they are inactive for at least 12 months).

Thank you.

Posted on Aug 3, 2013 9:44 PM

2 replies

Aug 6, 2013 7:05 AM in response to zf8

Hi zf8,

Welcome to the Support Communities!

The article below explains how to redeem an iTunes Gift Card.

The terms and conditions are usually printed on the back of the card.

If you have a specific question about a card, follow the information in the articles below to contact iTunes Store Support.

iTunes Store: How to redeem a code

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1574

Additional Information

If you have trouble reading or redeeming your code, view iTunes Store: Invalid, inactive, or illegible codes.

Tip: Promotional codes usually have an expiration date; codes must be redeemed and used before the date printed on the card.

Cheers,

Judy

Aug 26, 2013 12:12 AM in response to judysings

What about the credits/balances? Do those expire? I bought a $25 gift card ~3 months ago for particular purchases... And i haven't made any other purchase since, nor do i see myself purchasing anything some time soon... I sill have around $11 worth... And i'm afraid that it will just disappear just coz i didnt use the rest of it until a particular time...

Do iTunes gift cards ever expire or lose value?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.