Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can I buy jam packs for Garageband 11?

Does anyone know how can I buy jam packs for Garageband 11?

I purchesed MainStage 3 & installed it but no jam packs are showing up in Garageband.

I believe Main Stage 2 had jam packs which could be used in Garageband, but I cannot find anywhere where I can buy & download MainStage 2.

Thanks! 🙂)

Amanda

GarageBand (Mac) '11, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Aug 3, 2013 10:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2013 11:05 PM

Amanda, have you checked, if all content of MainStage 3 has been installed?

When I installed MainStage 2, I had to run it once, to get all all the JamPacks. Mainstage 2 has a menu entry in the main menu bar "MainStage > Download additional content", that will complete the installation.

Please check, if MainStage 3 has a similar entry, and if yes, post it here. That would be good to know. I cannot check, since I have no need to buy MainStage 2.

Léonie

User uploaded file

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2013 11:05 PM in response to dramaqueen386

Amanda, have you checked, if all content of MainStage 3 has been installed?

When I installed MainStage 2, I had to run it once, to get all all the JamPacks. Mainstage 2 has a menu entry in the main menu bar "MainStage > Download additional content", that will complete the installation.

Please check, if MainStage 3 has a similar entry, and if yes, post it here. That would be good to know. I cannot check, since I have no need to buy MainStage 2.

Léonie

User uploaded file

Aug 4, 2013 12:49 AM in response to léonie

Hi there Leonie, thank you so much for your answer, I appreciate it! 🙂

Yes, Mainstage 3 has the same "Download additional content" option, however the list of Additional Content does not include Jam Packs, but rather, a list of instruments such as piano, orchestra, world, guitars, bass etc.

I still downloaded these individual instruments but they do not appear in my Garageband loops or anywhere else on my iMac.

When you say you had to "run" MainStage 2 once - what does run mean? Did you have to open it or do anything else to run it?

Thanks so very much!

🙂 Amanda

Aug 4, 2013 1:13 AM in response to dramaqueen386

When you say you had to "run" MainStage 2 once - what does run mean? Did you have to open it or do anything else to run it?

I only launched it to be able to access the main menu bar and open the download panel.

I still downloaded these individual instruments but they do not appear in my Garageband loops or anywhere else on my iMac.

Have you rebooted the system after installing the additional content?

You should see additional instruments and loops in the system library (Your Macintosh HD > Library). Have you checked the following folders:

User uploaded file

/Library/Audio/Apple Loops/Apple/ (for the loops)

and

/Library/Application Support/GarageBand/Instrument Library/

/Library/Application Support/Logic/Sampler Instruments/

Perhaps you need to rebuild the Lopp Index, if you find the loops somewhere and they do not show in GarageBand: Rebuilding the Loop Index in GarageBand

Silly question, but you have checked, if no filters are set in the Inspector, right? The top of the Info Panel should be showing "Show all" and the search filed be empty.

User uploaded file

Aug 4, 2013 6:26 AM in response to léonie

Dear leonieDF,

Thank you SO much! I've now mnaged to download the Jam Packs! Yay!

I hadn't installed "Legacy and Compatibility" and now that I have done that, the Jam Packs are found in /Library/Audio/AppleLoops/Apple

They are not showing in Garageband ...... I have made sure I have the info panel on "Show All" .

Do you know how I can transfer the Jam Packs into Garageband?

Thank you so very much! I so much appreciate your help!

Best regards, Amanda 🙂🙂🙂

Aug 4, 2013 6:46 AM in response to dramaqueen386

I hadn't installed "Legacy and Compatibility" and now that I have done that, the Jam Packs are found in /Library/Audio/AppleLoops/Apple

SInce they are now in the AppleLOops folder, rebuild the Loop index.

When GarageBand is running, drag the folders with the missing loops onto then Lopps Browser. That will index them.

Don't drag any loops there, that already are showing in GarageBand, or you will see duplicates in GarageBand.

User uploaded file

That will index the new loops and GarageBAnd will know, how to find them.

how can I buy jam packs for Garageband 11?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.