Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

problems with imovie

Hi Folks,

To date I've been successfully using Imovie to import and edit AVCHD video from my Sony HCR-CX6. Recently I was half way through an import and a software update was flagged. The Mac locked up and I had to force a power off. Since then Imovie can see the camera but I'm getting a blank window in the box where you choose the clips to import ie I can select the camera or the camera archive but it won't let me see the clips. I've updated to the latest vesion of Imovie but it still doesn't work. Current solution was to use my sons Mac to import and create the 'event' then copy it back on to my Mac. Imovie will then see the new event..... Wasn't supplied with any system discs when the mac was new, so can't just reinstall?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Aug 4, 2013 12:50 AM

1 reply

Aug 16, 2013 8:47 AM in response to mbp16941

mbp16941 wrote: .... Wasn't supplied with any system discs when the mac was new, so can't just reinstall?

You don't say which OS X, but perhaps one of these will help you?

OS X: About Recovery Disk Assistant

OS X Mountain Lion: Reinstall OS X

OS X Lion: Reinstall Mac OS X

Troubleshooting Mac OS X installation and software updates (Mac OS X v10.6 and earlier)

Message was edited by: EZ Jim

Mac OSX 10.8.4

problems with imovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.