Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to switch your ipod touch from a pc to a mac?

Just today I finally bought my mac pro that I will be using for school in the fall. I spent the afternoon transferring music from the pc I normally keep my itunes on to my new laptop (which worked out fine, I have all my music, etc. on my mac now). Now my only problem is that I need my ipod touch to recognize my mac as its home port now. I plugged it in to see what options itunes would give me, but nothing popped up about transferring purchases, etc. It just gave you the option to sync, which upon clicking proved to be no help either. If anyone knows how I could get my ipod to recognize this computer as its home computer that would be really awesome!

iPod touch (4th generation)

Posted on Aug 4, 2013 12:37 AM

4 replies

Aug 4, 2013 10:35 AM in response to Michael Allbritton

The sync isn't working properly. It says it's synced, but then when I checked my ipod some of my newer songs are now grey (even though they were transferred) and I new song I got on my mac isn't on there so I'm guessing something is not going right. It says in the status bar that the ipod is syncing though and then it says "copying artwork" each time for about four different tracks.

Aug 4, 2013 10:56 AM in response to AVern

Ah, I fixed it. I need to go to the bar at the top (when you have the ipod clicked on). None of the movies, music, etc. were trying to sync and once I clicked them it triggered the "are you positive you want to erase and sync ipod with new library?" response. Thanks for the answer though, Michael!

How to switch your ipod touch from a pc to a mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.