Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Storage to be cut!

I have just been informed that my iCloud storage is going down to the 5Gb free allowance. As i have a MacBook Air, iPad, iPhone 4s & iPhone 5 how can I combine all the 5Gb free accounts to give me 1 20Gb allowance? or is this not possible?

iCloud-OTHER

Posted on Aug 4, 2013 12:13 AM

4 replies

Aug 4, 2013 12:15 AM in response to brnlaff

Welcome to Apple Support Communities

You can't. Apple only offers you 5 GB of storage for all your devices, not 5 GB more for each device, so if you don't want to pay, you will only have 5 GB of storage for all your devices.

If it's important for you to store data in the cloud, use another service like Dropbox or SkyDrive. iCloud is focused on data sync between your devices more than store data

Aug 4, 2013 12:22 AM in response to mende1

Hello

Thank you for your promt reply.

I am having a problem with this policy?

If Apple are prepared to give you 5Gb of storage for each device you register under a differant account, would it not be good for customer relations to offer to combine all accounts into one?

I think this would be good for Apple in the amount of server space and account management that would be saved, it would also be a winner for Apple with the community as everyone would really be able to store everything in the one place.

Jun 8, 2014 11:45 PM in response to brnlaff

Actually, everyone missed one point, when a device is priced, the cost of icloud storage space for that device is also included in it that is why they are able to give you 5gb each for each user ID, in nutshell there is nothing free coming with apple device purchase, it is paid for. What they are trying by giving only 5gb per user ID irrespective of the number of devices used is pure broadlight looting, they take money from you when you buy each device and give you nothing, This is a case of goods and services bought but not fully deliverd ie apple can be suied for discreminatory treatment towards it's users. I wonder why no one tried this yet in America where everyone sue everyone for petty things..... there is no one to take up this issue? 😟. if tim got any love for the guys who shell out money for the devices his company makes, he should be implimenting this as priority before someone wake up from sleep and sue him.

iCloud Storage to be cut!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.