Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Your payment method was declined.

I have 3 devices and new iPhone 5 that I want to use it daily and to get any new app a verification requests my payment method security cods and expiration date .

That I used in the other devices too. But always with iPhone 5 it not accepted (Your payment method was declined. Please enter another payment method.)

Why and what can I do.

I am using the same prepaid card 4 or 5 years ago and their was no problems.

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Aug 4, 2013 4:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2013 5:10 AM

Is this a Debit Card? If so, that's most likely your issue. iTunes/App store no longer accept Debit cards as an acceptable form of payment, & you're getting that error because you've setup your account on a new device. There is no workaround, you're gonna have to redeem an iTunes gift card or use a credit card.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2013 5:10 AM in response to Mofry

Is this a Debit Card? If so, that's most likely your issue. iTunes/App store no longer accept Debit cards as an acceptable form of payment, & you're getting that error because you've setup your account on a new device. There is no workaround, you're gonna have to redeem an iTunes gift card or use a credit card.

Aug 21, 2013 2:42 PM in response to KittyGumDropz

Because some issues with non-payment have occured with iTunes. You can 'charge' an amount to your debit card, and then remove the money from the account before the charge clears. And unless there is overdraft protection, iTunes doesn't get their money, but you got the download.

Just buy iTunes cards with your debit card, or get a pre-paid credit card with a fixed pre-set amount. it acts like a credit car, but you load it with real money. Your 'credit limit' is however much you put on the card.

Your payment method was declined.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.