Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my System Preferences for Internet

Why does the System Preferences icon in Internet & Network icon for Icloud show the Icloud logo but says MobilMe under it?

When I select the Icon and view the Account tab for information, I see "An error was returned from the server. Please try again later.

Every time I try, I see the same message. I am not very "computer literate" but am trying to be.....can anybody out there help me figure this out? 😕

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Aug 4, 2013 3:37 AM

3 replies

Aug 4, 2013 6:30 AM in response to andyBall_uk

How do I switch to Icloud? I recall that I accepted the invitation to join Icloud when I received the e-mail notifying me that MobilMe was being replaced but I must have missed something somewhere to get the connection to Icloud. I recently received an e-mail stating that...Your complimentary iCloud storage upgrade expires on September 30, 2013...

When I tried to follow the instructions in the e-mail for upgrading or downgrading my ICloud storage, the screens that are shown in the tutorials don't show up.

What am I doing wrong? By the way, thank you very much for responding so quickly to my post.

Aug 4, 2013 7:19 AM in response to leenav

You'll need a later OS to get much from iCloud, although it may be useful if you've iOS devices & wish to access things on the MBP via iCloud.com, although it is possible to get iCal on 10.6 & perhaps before, to use it, with a little effort.

There's some general info at the pages below - I've not seen the tutorials you mention, so it's hard to say without screenshots or links.

Can I use my MobileMe account for Apple services without moving to iCloud?

Creating an iCloud account: Frequently Asked Questions

Why does my System Preferences for Internet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.