Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Auto Loading web page for ebay login in safari

HI,

I wonder if anyone can help me.

I am running a mid 2011 intel imac with Mountain Lion and Safari all updates installed.

The problem I have is that ever since I took a holiday in June 2013 I'am now getting a web page auto loading in safari this seems to happen at randowm points either opening in a new tab or even open safari when it is closed. The web page is the ebay login page and has some detail of a user unkown to me in the URL.

I have spoken with apple support and we have tried clearing the cache's, reseting safari, checking the library files and removing the plist but all to no avail. Ideally I would like to uninstall safari and reload but this does not appear to be an option.

Also it would appear that I have a memory bleed when safari is running. I have 12Gb of memory that has always worked well but lately is goes down to only 39mb free or less. Quiting safari will return up to 7Gb of free memory.

Has anyone come across a simular problems?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), mid 2011, i5 with 12Gb Ram

Posted on Aug 4, 2013 4:12 AM

2 replies

Aug 4, 2013 10:10 AM in response to Richb1910

From the Safari menu bar, select

Safari Preferences Extensions

Turn all extensions OFF and test. If the problem is resolved, turn extensions back ON and then disable them one or a few at a time until you find the culprit.

If you wish, you may be able to salvage the malfunctioning extension by uninstalling and reinstalling it. Its settings will revert to their defaults. If the extension still causes a problem, remove it permanently or refer to its developer for support.

Auto Loading web page for ebay login in safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.