Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync problems

I have hundreds of "songs" (classical music most) on my MAC. The majority I rippped from my own CDs and a few I purchased from the Store.

Purchased iTunes Match yesterday and am trying to get those "songs" on my Macbook, iPad etc.

I failed to get anything on my iPad. It gave me the option to "replace" what I had there and came up with two purchases and not two more recent purchases I did on my Mac. Fortunately after I switched off Match I could reinstall all songs syncing via USB from my Mac.

I have not even tried iPhone yet.

My Macbook shows the same two purchases (not the latest two)--and nothing more. Two of 600 plus. Nothing more.

All have the same e-mail address/password. I think I pushed the right buttons but Macbook and iPad don's seem to see anything in the cloud.

I think I pulled all the right switches but I must have missed something. What next?

iPad, iOS 5.1

Posted on Aug 4, 2013 8:42 AM

9 replies

Aug 4, 2013 12:11 PM in response to Whonnockian

Whonnockian wrote:

Jim & Michael

(1) How do I see that scanning is in progress or is completed?

In the LED display of iTunes you can see the scan progress. If you don't see anything, see if there are small arrows pointing up and down on the far right of the display. You can click them. Or select Music, then Match in the tabs along the top.

Whonnockian wrote:

(2) Can I also match on my MacBook and if I match can I play music on my MacBook or other devices when I am not connected to the Internet?

If you are asking if you can also enable iTunes Match on more than one computer, yes, of course. It is best to wait until the original computer is finished, though. If the music is not stored on the HDD of the computer you will not be able to listen to it without an internet connection unless you download it; just like on iOS devices.

Aug 4, 2013 1:47 PM in response to Michael Allbritton

Thanks but no thanks.

On my Mac, where all the songs are, there is no LED display that shows anything.

On the "songs" page on the Mac in the column with the cloud on top the songs I purchased from from the Store show a cloud with a download arrow. (I thought I downloaded them when I purchased them?)

Songs from my own CDs dont show anything.

My MacBook does not even show all that I purchased.

So let's forget this silly show. This should be easy but it isn't and I wasted money subscribing.

I'll see if I can get my money back and switch matching off everwhere.

Aug 4, 2013 2:22 PM in response to Whonnockian

Hi,

This is a user to user forum and we are users like you and are here give you advice and help to solve problems.

Match is straight forward to use and once activated it takes time to complete the match process. This is a three step process where match scan then your library, delivers scan results to Apple then returns match results and uploads tracks that are not matched. Once this process is complete, a new screen will appear telling you the number of tracks in the cloud.

When this process has completed, you should add iCloud status to song view. You do this by going to menu> view > view options and tick appropriate box. This will tell you what has been Matched, uploaded, purchased, ineligible, duplicate or waiting. The first three will be in the cloud, the others not. Waiting status may suggest a problem with file.

The tracks in the cloud will not display any cloud icon as they are already on your main computer.

Once match has completed, you can activate match on your MacBook. If you have additional tracks, they will be scanned and matched etc. otherwise all music in the cloud will show a download icon. You can either download or stream your music.

Now activate match on your iOS devices. All music in the cloud should now be available.

Jim

Sync problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.