Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to play Kontakt 5 and Drums of War?

I have installed Drums of War, and Kontakt 5 on my machine.

I can easily find kontakt 5 in Logic pro. But I can1t play any of the instruments. And I don't know ho to get the Kontakt 5 library in my Logic Pro 9 library on the right side.

And I can't find Drums Of War-instruments. How to I install Drums of War in Logic Pro 9?

Logic Pro is running 32-bit.

I have Macbook Pro 8GB ram.

Logic Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Aug 4, 2013 8:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2013 10:48 AM

You don't install Drums of War in Logic..

Assuming the version you have of Drums of War is a Kontakt Library (If not or if you are using the older K2 version.. update DoW to v1.5 which is K4 compatible and works better in K5) then you either add it to your Kontakt Library within Kontakt using the Add Library button or if it doesn't alow you to do that.. becaue DoW is not set up to be a full library... you simply use the File Browser inside of Kontakt to find and then load it... Read the instructions that came with DoW for more info...

Additional Note: Running Logic Pro 9 in 32bit mode only allows Logic to access/use the first 4GB of your onboard memory...

You can run Logic in 64bit mode so Logic Pro 9, as well as any 64bit plugins you are using... can access all 8GB of your onboard memory ..or you can keep Logic Pro 9 in 32bit mode..and turn on Kontakt's memory server (See Kontakt's own Preferences) to allow only Kontakt to access that extra memory.

Personally I'd run Logic in 64bit mode but if you are using a lot of the older 32bit AU Plugins then Logic would be forced to use it's 32bit to 64bit bridge which is a bit unstable.

Important: If you do activate Kontakt's Memory Server.. remember to turn it off again, should you run Logic in 64bit mode in the future as if you don't werid things can happen! In other words don't run Logic in 64bit mode and have Kontakt's Memory Server on at the same time.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2013 10:48 AM in response to Neguah

You don't install Drums of War in Logic..

Assuming the version you have of Drums of War is a Kontakt Library (If not or if you are using the older K2 version.. update DoW to v1.5 which is K4 compatible and works better in K5) then you either add it to your Kontakt Library within Kontakt using the Add Library button or if it doesn't alow you to do that.. becaue DoW is not set up to be a full library... you simply use the File Browser inside of Kontakt to find and then load it... Read the instructions that came with DoW for more info...

Additional Note: Running Logic Pro 9 in 32bit mode only allows Logic to access/use the first 4GB of your onboard memory...

You can run Logic in 64bit mode so Logic Pro 9, as well as any 64bit plugins you are using... can access all 8GB of your onboard memory ..or you can keep Logic Pro 9 in 32bit mode..and turn on Kontakt's memory server (See Kontakt's own Preferences) to allow only Kontakt to access that extra memory.

Personally I'd run Logic in 64bit mode but if you are using a lot of the older 32bit AU Plugins then Logic would be forced to use it's 32bit to 64bit bridge which is a bit unstable.

Important: If you do activate Kontakt's Memory Server.. remember to turn it off again, should you run Logic in 64bit mode in the future as if you don't werid things can happen! In other words don't run Logic in 64bit mode and have Kontakt's Memory Server on at the same time.

Aug 4, 2013 10:58 AM in response to The Art Of Sound

Yes, it's both Kontakt library and exs24.

I open Kontakt 5 and tries to add Drums of War. Not working. Also, when installing Drums of War, I manually had to make a folder for Drums of War. If I didn't, I couldn't find the samples.

When I'm in Kontakt 5, and browsing for library I can easily locate the samples. But when I do and choose folder Kontakt 5 says it didn'f find any library...

And also, is it possible to add instruments in logic pro library(the one in the media-sections) or do I always need to open Kontakt 5 inside Logic to be able to access Kontakt 5 instruments?

Aug 4, 2013 11:05 AM in response to Neguah

Again, read the manual that came with DoW.. You are not understanding how to use it within Kontakt.. and it is all explained in there.

As I said.. if it will not allow you to add it to Kontakt's Library then you must use Kontakt's Internal File Browser to locate it and open it manually...

There are two ways you use libraries in Kontakt.. One is to add them to Kontakts internal library 'stack" and if that isn't available for that Library.. as not all Libraries are set up for you to be able to add them to the 'stack' the other method is to simply open them using the internal file browser.. in Kontakt without having to adding them to the Library Stack

You will always need to access/load Kontakt Libraries within Kontakt.. Though Logic will remember which ones are loaded.. when you save out the project so when you reload the project later the libraries used in that project will automatically load in Kontakt..

Are you using the updated 1.5 version of DoW btw? I ask because I think the EXS version only came with the original 1.0 version and that version is very buggy.....

Aug 4, 2013 11:34 AM in response to The Art Of Sound

I think I made it work.

And also, after double clicking or draging the samples I want, I had to delete it before adding another one. Slowes down my work flow.

But I had to open DoW manually. It's a bit of a hazzel when searching for the right sample. That's why I wanted the samples in the Logic Pro library.

I just downloaded the update. Can't see any improvement, yet. But then again, haven't have the chance of using it so much.

And no, I'm not using any illegal stuff. Paid for it with my own money. Have had troubles with illegal stuff before, and i KNOW it might not work. I'm serious about composing. Don't want some crappy and buggy versions.

Thanks for you help. I might need this thread, so I'm saving it!

Thanks again!!

Aug 4, 2013 11:42 AM in response to Neguah

if you have 1.5 you dont have to load the samples in individually.. you just open the library itself in Kontakt via it's file browser..

Look inside the folder you saved/installed DoW to and you should find a file with an NKI extention... Open that in Kontakt and you will see an interface appear ... that you use to access it..

It should look much like this...

User uploaded file

Aug 4, 2013 12:09 PM in response to The Art Of Sound

Good to know. It all got me confused.

It was much easier opening the .nki files. Easier to browes through the samples. My work flow might be so bad after all 🙂

Thank you so much for your help!

I'm so grateful for you guys in here!

Hope to return the favor some day! 🙂

I was supposed to grant you "this helped me", instead I granted my self it. Sorry!

How to play Kontakt 5 and Drums of War?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.