Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How sync iPhone Calendar back to Google calendar?

(1) Events I add to the iPhone Calendar app or the Mac OS X Calendar app do not get synced to the Google calender I view at https://www.google.com/calendar. However:

(2) Events do sync back and forth between my iPhone Calendar app and the Mac OS X Calendar app -- via iCloud: if I add or delete an event on one, it adds or deletes on the other.

(2) Events added to Google calendar at https://www.google.com/calendar opened in Safari do get synced to my iPhone Calendar app and to my Mac's own Calendar app.

How do I fix (1)?

Settings:

On Mac, iCloud Preferences:

Calendars & Reminders is checked.

On Mac, Calendar Preferences > Accounts:

• iCloud account is enabled with Push, and
  • GMail account enabled with Refresh Calendars set Every 5 minutes.

On iPhone, Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Accounts:

• iCloud account has Calendars set On;
  • GMail account has Calendars set On.

What else is there to do? or to change?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion, 3.4GHz Corei7, 16GB, SSD + 2T HD

Posted on Aug 4, 2013 9:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2013 9:56 AM

Stop putting events on the iCloud calendar and start putting them on the Google calendar, they are separate calendars.

I would also make Google the default calendar on all of your devices.

29 replies

Aug 4, 2013 10:06 AM in response to Csound1

Csound1 wrote:

Stop putting events on the iCloud calendar and start putting them on the Google calendar, they are separate calendars.

I would also make Google the default calendar on all of your devices.

I don't understand. On the iPhone, I use the built-in Calendar app (from Apple), not the Google calendar in the iPhone's Safari.

I don't know what you mean to make Google the default calendar on "your devices".

Clearly my iPhone Calendar app and Mac OS X Calendar app can get events entered into Google calendar (from a browser on the Mac). What I'm asking is how to reverse that process so that events added to the iPhone Calendar app or (equivalently, via the iCloud syncing) the Mac OS X Calendar app can be made to appear in Google calendar when I view it in a browser.

Aug 4, 2013 10:18 AM in response to murrayE

Your phone has at least 3 calendars, Google, iCloud and the local calendar (which is named On My Phone). You are probably looking at All Calendars, which, as it name suggests shows all calendars combined into one view, this is the same on your Mac. (On My Mac)

If you have not chosen Google as the default calendar you have no idea which calendar new events are placed on.

Stop looking at All Calendars when you actually want to look at the Google Calendar and make the Google calendar the default for new events.

In answer to your question:

To change what you look at

Mac: In Calendar, top left, Press calendars and turn off all but Google

IOS: The same as on the Mac

Mac: Calendar>General>Set Default Calendar

IOS: Settings>Mail Contacts and Calendars>Set Default Calendar

Aug 4, 2013 3:29 PM in response to Csound1

Csound1 wrote:

Your phone has at least 3 calendars, Google, iCloud and the local calendar (which is named On My Phone). You are probably looking at All Calendars, which, as it name suggests shows all calendars combined into one view, this is the same on your Mac. (On My Mac)

If you have not chosen Google as the default calendar you have no idea which calendar new events are placed on.

Stop looking at All Calendars when you actually want to look at the Google Calendar and make the Google calendar the default for new events.

In answer to your question:

To change what you look at

Mac: In Calendar, top left, Press calendars and turn off all but Google

IOS: The same as on the Mac

Mac: Calendar>General>Set Default Calendar

IOS: Settings>Mail Contacts and Calendars>Set Default Calendar

In iOS, Calendars lists several categories:

• Exchange - I have a calendar checked there, probably from Google Calendar connection made a long time ago
  • Gmail - I have checked All Gmail, Contacts birthdays and..., and one with my Gmail address.
  • iCloud - I have checked All iCloud, along with Calendar, Home, Work.

Now exactly what do you mean by "turn off all bug Google"??

On Mac, Mail Contacts & Calendars Prefernces, I have 3 accounts: icloud, Gmail, and another one used strictly for e-mail of a specific category. But I don't see any place do make anything a Default Calendar.

Also on Mac, Calendar app's Preferences > Accounts: I have iCloud and Gmail. I don't see any place to Set Default Calendar.

So what do you mean by "Calendar>General>Set Default Calendar"

Aug 4, 2013 3:37 PM in response to murrayE

Perhaps you should go to an Apple Store and ask them to do it for you, this is not complex but you are making it so.

murrayE wrote:

• Exchange - I have a calendar checked there, probably from Google Calendar connection made a long time ago
  • Gmail - I have checked All Gmail, Contacts birthdays and..., and one with my Gmail address.

They are your accounts, they are not categories, each one is independent.

I said but, not bug, and I mean turn off (uncheck) the viewing all calendars, except for the Google calendars.

On Mac, Mail Contacts & Calendars Prefernces, I have 3 accounts: icloud, Gmail, and another one used strictly for e-mail of a specific category. But I don't see any place do make anything a Default Calendar

You do that (as I said) on your IOS device, it is important to read what I say carefully. On your iThing, under Mail Contacts and Calendars is a selection for choosing a default calendar, choose Google.

Also on Mac, Calendar app's Preferences > Accounts: I have iCloud and Gmail. I don't see any place to Set Default Calendar.

User uploaded file

The default calender is where new events go unless you choose a different one.

In the iPad calendar app and on your Mac you are looking at the combination of all of your calendars, the events are still on seprate ones you are just seeing the combination (hence when you see your Google calendar somewhere else you do not see the content of other calendars)

Aug 4, 2013 3:49 PM in response to Csound1

Csound1 wrote:

Perhaps you should go to an Apple Store and ask them to do it for you, this is not complex but you are making it so.

murrayE wrote:

They are your accounts, they are not categories, each one is independent.

I said but, not bug, and I mean turn off (uncheck) the viewing all calendars, except for the Google calendars.

On Mac, Mail Contacts & Calendars Prefernces, I have 3 accounts: icloud, Gmail, and another one used strictly for e-mail of a specific category. But I don't see any place do make anything a Default Calendar

You do that (as I said) on your IOS device, it is important to read what I say carefully. On your iThing, under Mail Contacts and Calendars is a selection for choosing a default calendar, choose Google.

That is because there isn't one, please read what I said again

Sorry, I did read, carefully, again, what you said!

iOS end: I suppose that when you said "turn off all but Google" [sorry for the typo!], you meant "turn off all but Gmail" -- for "Gmail" is how it's listed, not "Google". Assuming that's what you meant, I just did that.

And finally way down on the iOS Mail Contacts and Calendars page in Settings, I did finally find a Default Calendar setting, where I have now checked the one listed under Gmail. That was my fault: I had not scrolled down far enough there before.

And now that I've clarified that "Google" really means "Gmail", on the Mac's Calendar app, from the Calendars button I unchecked all except the Gmail calendar.

I'll report back if this fixes the problem.

Thank you for your patience. But I assure you I'm truly capable of following very complex procedures and even exploring and probing with software!

Aug 4, 2013 3:53 PM in response to murrayE

Google/Gmail, sorry, assumed you would know that Gmail is Google.

You need to take a decision, which calendar do you wish to use. Once you have decided which make it the default on all devices, all 3 calendars (Exchange, Gmail and iCloud) can sync to various devices, choose one, using 3 is confusing, especially when you choose to combine the views.

Aug 4, 2013 5:21 PM in response to murrayE

What calendar is the default calendar on your iPhone,

Forget it, let's simplify.

Use your Mac only, open Safari and go to your Gmail calendar on the website, then open the calendar app on the Mac so you may see what happens.

1. Put a test event on the calendar on the Gmail website, it should appear in Calendar on the Mac within a few minutes, post back when it does, or if it does not.

I'm going to want to see screenshots of settings from now on, if you don't know how to take and post them please ask.

Aug 4, 2013 5:48 PM in response to Csound1

Csound1 wrote:

Use your Mac only, open Safari and go to your Gmail calendar on the website, then open the calendar app on the Mac so you may see what happens.

1. Put a test event on the calendar on the Gmail website, it should appear in Calendar on the Mac within a few minutes, post back when it does, or if it does not.

I'm going to want to see screenshots of settings from now on, if you don't know how to take and post them please ask.

An event put on my Gmail calendar at the Google web site already does get synced to my iPhone Apple Calendar app. That was never the problem.

As I orignally posted, the problem was in the other direction: getting an event that I add to the iPhone Apple Calendar synced to the Gmail calendar at the Google web site. That's what is still not working, despite pruning down all the extra accounts.

What settings do you want to see? (If on the iPhone, I can try to take a photo of that from my iMac, although I don't know how good that will be.)

Aug 4, 2013 5:53 PM in response to murrayE

murrayE wrote:

Csound1 wrote:

An event put on my Gmail calendar at the Google web site already does get synced to my iPhone Apple Calendar app. That was never the problem.

And that was not the question, I am trying to establish what is what, it's a process, you still have not told me what are the default settings, If you wish to continue doing it your way feel free to, this is not easy when you do not answer my questions or perform the steps I need to establish what is going on.

Aug 4, 2013 6:02 PM in response to murrayE

murrayE wrote:

What settings do you want to see? (If on the iPhone, I can try to take a photo of that from my iMac, although I don't know how good that will be.)

On Your iPhone I want to see Settings>Mail Contacts and Calendars>Default Calender (I have IOS 6.1, if you are on a different version the path may be different, but very similar.

Aug 4, 2013 6:23 PM in response to Csound1

Csound1 wrote:

murrayE wrote:

Csound1 wrote:

And that was not the question, I am trying to establish what is what, it's a process, you still have not told me what are the default settings, If you wish to continue doing it your way feel free to, this is not easy when you do not answer my questions or perform the steps I need to establish what is going on.

Sorry, I misunderstood what you were trying to do now. (I DO understand troubleshooting, especially as I am a beta-tester for various programs and have been over the years.)

I just added an event on the Gmail calendar at www.google.com/calendar, and it synced almost immediately to my Mac's Calendar app:

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Here are some settings on the Mac:User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

(The redacted 3rd mail account is one that does not have any such thing as calendars -- just purely an email account.)

How sync iPhone Calendar back to Google calendar?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.