4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 4, 2013 7:23 PM by vinnyvg
ProfZ Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I am using the most recent version (CC) of Adobe Edge Animate to create interactive HTML content for a book I am creating using iBooks Author. But I cannot get the published HTML to work within iBooks. Any suggestions?

• K T Level 7 Level 7 (23,700 points)

Any suggestions?

Contact Adobe - these forums are for Apple/iBA support.

• vinnyvg Level 4 Level 4 (1,855 points)

I doubt Adobe will have given time to cater for anything required by Apple in iBooks Author.

However, in the iBA HELP files you will find:-

You can add an HTML5 widget (with the extension .wdgt), which you can create with a text editor or by using a web content creation app... and much more information

Your HTML needs to comply with iBooks Author. Its advisable to become familiar with what is acceptable before using time to create media.

Using HELP within iBA, under WIDGETS ( interactive material)  - you will find information which may be useful.

There are also a number of HTML realted discussion  on this forum which  you can  find by doing a forum search. 

Try this:- https://discussions.apple.com/message/17415861#17415861

Other than this, the suggestion to  contact iBA support is your best option but may take a few days.

• K T Level 7 Level 7 (23,700 points)

The OP isn't really looking for help at all.

These are usually just efforts to advertize another company's products at Apple's expense. It's been pretty quite for a while now, but here we go again.

I'm confident that Apple Support would tell anyone with that question the same thing I did, so....

• vinnyvg Level 4 Level 4 (1,855 points)

Oopps sorry KT,  I thought the ANY SUGGESTIONS was inviting a reply. 

So  explain please if the OP is not seeking help, why did  you post a reply?

I prefer to think its a request for help.