Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I list registered devices?

I just got a replacement phone for my daughter (same phone number) and now I need to register it. I can't remember if her previous phone was registered under my Apple ID account or my wife's Apple ID account. Is there a way to list all devices registered with an ID so I can see which account was used? Is there any disadvantage to registering her new phone with a different account, such as not being able to download previously purchased apps, music, etc? Thanks.

- mb

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Aug 4, 2013 2:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2013 2:19 PM

This site will show you all the devices you have registered to a specific Apple ID:
https://supportprofile.apple.com

I strongly suggest your daughter use her own Apple ID (and not yours).

If there are previous purchases that subsequently cannot be downloaded because they were purchased using a different Apple ID, you can rectify that in iTunes by doing Store > Authorize This Computer for the different Apple ID, and using that iTunes to sync the iPhone.

Presumably your daughter has her own iTunes, separate and distinct from yours. If her iTunes has your songs, apps, etc. (or vice versa), then the above will work.

Separate Apple IDs will ensure you don't get each other's text messages, FaceTime, etc.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2013 2:19 PM in response to mboonieNY

This site will show you all the devices you have registered to a specific Apple ID:
https://supportprofile.apple.com

I strongly suggest your daughter use her own Apple ID (and not yours).

If there are previous purchases that subsequently cannot be downloaded because they were purchased using a different Apple ID, you can rectify that in iTunes by doing Store > Authorize This Computer for the different Apple ID, and using that iTunes to sync the iPhone.

Presumably your daughter has her own iTunes, separate and distinct from yours. If her iTunes has your songs, apps, etc. (or vice versa), then the above will work.

Separate Apple IDs will ensure you don't get each other's text messages, FaceTime, etc.

Aug 4, 2013 2:22 PM in response to mboonieNY

If you restore the backup of her previous phone you can go to Settings/iTunes&App Stores and see what account it is logged in to.

You can also go to iTunes on your computer, click on iTunes Store, then your Apple ID. Log in, then click Manage Devices.

You can have a new ID, and have apps and music from multiple Apple IDs on a phone (sticking within the license agreement, of course, that limits shared content to the same household). However, any time you update an app you will have to enter the password for the account that the app was purchased with.

How can I list registered devices?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.