Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PLEASE HELP!!! AIRPORT EXTREME IS GREEN BUT NOT CONNECTING TO INTERNERT!!!

Please, I'm begging of fellow man, women and children to help me figure this out!

What Happened:

I had my Internet and everything working before I went to work at 3 PM. My girlfriend got home around 4 PM and all of a sudden the my Internet was not working. I had to call my ISP, Comcast, and we had tested Internet connectivity which worked perfectly fine which is how I am typing this now. After that, I looked up some things that would remedy the situation. Power cycling the modem for minutes, seconds and hours. Also, I have tried to plug both the modem and router without plugging any Ethernet cord in to both of them, wait for them to power up, hook up the Ethernet cord and nothing. I have done factory resets on both the modem and routers and created a totally new network to see if that was the problem and noting. I have also changed the IP addresses, Subnet Masks, Router numbers, DNS servers and Domain names and nothing. I was stupid and did not get a protection plan on it, and my warranty JUST expired a couple of weeks ago, so I have barely had this router for a year. As all indications go, it is saying that it's connecting to the Internet, but when I go to my Macbook Pro and check the system preferences it's saying its connected to the airport, but when I do the assist me function and go to diagnose or assistant and test everything, the Internet and Server are yellow and everything else is green. I DON'T KNOW THE ISSUE!!!

Hardware:

Modem - Motorola Surfboard: Model SB6121

Router - Apple AirPort Extreme 802.11n Wi-FI

Any and all advice would be greatly, greatly appreciated. I do not want to have to purchase a brand new router after just purchasing this one last year for over $150. I'll be eagerly awaiting your help. Thank you in advance.

Apple AirPort Extreme-OTHER

Posted on Aug 4, 2013 1:42 PM

3 replies

Aug 4, 2013 6:21 PM in response to bubb4j0hn

Try plugging I assume an Apple computer directly into the cable modem with a working/good ethernet cable. Reboot your cable modem or unplug for 20 secounds or so. Wait for all your staus lights on the modem to show the normal working order.

Then you may have to go into Network settings under System Preferences on the mac chose ethernet on left pain. In right pain it should say Status: Connected Under Configure IPv4 you should have chosen Using DHCP click Advanced square try Renew DHCP Lease and Ok.

Aug 4, 2013 7:02 PM in response to Mark Scott

@Mark Scott, are you referring to my cable modem or the apple router. I'm currently connecting to the internet just fine connecting the ethernet cable to my Macbook Pro laptop directly and having everything connecting just fine. Its when i try to connect wirelessly to the AirPort Extreme router is when I am unable to connect. If you were referring to the connecting the router directly to the computer and seeing if there is an internet connectin, I don't think that would help anything at all. Please let me know if this is what you meant and I will try it anyways.

PLEASE HELP!!! AIRPORT EXTREME IS GREEN BUT NOT CONNECTING TO INTERNERT!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.