Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How come Itunes doesn't restore my ipad in recovery mode?

Well today.. I wanted to update my Ipad to a new software thing. I was fully unaware that my Ipad was going to go into recovery mode and I'd lose all my data and storage. I don't think I have anything backed up, I might... I don't know how to find out. Anyways I faced the facts and tried to restore it. It said there was another error. It said my device isn't enabled for this or something like that. How come my Ipad won't restore? Can I visit an apple store and can they still save my storage and get it functioning again? or atleast get it working again. Help!

iPad 2

Posted on Aug 4, 2013 5:02 PM

8 replies

Aug 4, 2013 5:10 PM in response to Ipaduserfuntimes

1. Turn off iPad. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds until the red slider appears, slide to turn off.

2. Connect USB cable to computer

3. Press and hold the Home button down and connect the docking end of cable to iPad

4. Continue holding the Home button until you see the "Connect To iTune" screen

5. Release the Home button

6. Open iTune (make sure you have the newest version of iTune)

7. You should see "iTunes has detected an iPad in recovery mode"

8. Use iTune to restore iPad

Note: You need to be patient and repeat the above many times to recover your iPad

How come Itunes doesn't restore my ipad in recovery mode?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.