Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Assimilating an android tablet?

I recently acquired an android tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, 7", wi-fi only) I got free for buying something else. Our household, though, is decidedly iOS/Mac (macbook pro 13" 2009, iPhone 4S, iPad 4, 2nd gen AppleTV). I have nothing against Android in principle after tinkering around with different family members' S3's/S4's/Google phones, but I'm just not sure if I could usefully incorporate an android device into my own digital life. I've been spoiled by the ability to zap video/audio to the AppleTV. My home theater amp is DLNA capable, so maybe I could get the same result with the Galaxy Tab that way? Also, I don't like the thought of paying for Android versions of apps I already own on iOS; but I'd probably mostly use the tablet for freeware (netflix, web surfing, etc.). My inclination right now is to sell the Samsung and put the cash toward the LTE-capable iPad mini I've been wanting anyway, but the idea of keeping a free tablet--that can double as a universal remote, by the way--is tempting. Any thoughts?

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0-OTHER, Other OS

Posted on Aug 4, 2013 7:00 PM

2 replies

Assimilating an android tablet?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.