Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Thunderbolt WD Duo, does not show in Disk Utility

Hi Have imac 27 (late 2012) with 10.8.3 update OSX. Connecting to WD Thunderbolt Duo, the disk does not show in disk Utility, sys log or in any connection to the system. WD utility does not seems it either. Restart does not help. By disk returning to seller, the disk works fine on other comp (with the same cable, with the same power adapter)

Is there any issue known with the thunderbolt ports? Tried both all found on internet, but no resolution, to my issues.

Seems to be my imac hardware or maybee the software (thunderbotl 1.2) update.

Lukas

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Aug 4, 2013 7:56 PM

6 replies

Aug 4, 2013 8:42 PM in response to macuser7777

All thunderbolt port tried, cable exchanged, no change

I have done following procedure , no change

Resetting NVRAM / PRAM

1. Shut down your Mac.
  2. Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command (⌘), Option, P, and R. You will need to hold these keys down simultaneously in step 4.
  3. Turn on the computer.
  4. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys before the gray screen appears.
  5. Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for the second time.
  6. Release the keys.

Nov 15, 2013 1:45 AM in response to honest_luk

I've had this problem too and it turned out to be a bad Thunderbolt cable which the Apple Store replaced free of charge as the original cable was brand new. It took the visit to solve the problem though as I had no other Thunderbolt devices so couldn't test the individual components. Another problem I had was configuring the WD Thunderbolt Duo to RAID 1 because it kept coming back with RAID configuration failed, a restart of the Mac cured that problem and it configured OK and is now working well.

Thunderbolt WD Duo, does not show in Disk Utility

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.