Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Motion. No Share Options

Hi.
Motion 5.0.7.

OS X 10.8.4

2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

Have not used motion for some time, never previously had a problem with exporting.

Have read the documents and guides for 'Share' ' export etc, bu nothing I do, including saving the job, will give me any share options, (seems to be a big Motion issue for many pepole)

not good,

any ideas please anybody

thanks

Phil tp

Final Cut Pro X, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Aug 4, 2013 10:08 PM

4 replies

Aug 5, 2013 1:53 PM in response to GFXZen

Thank you GFXZen for replying

I too searched the forum extensively for solutions to this apprently very common issue with Motion. None of the solutions I could see actually corrected the problem, which is why I asked if any one actually KNEW how to fix it.

Re the MacKeeper solution.
Recently I had opreational issues with massive render times with some BCC filters I had just started using. Borris came to the party and were very supportive indeed. betwen Borris and Apple experts the recomendation on every count was to get rid of Mackeeper imediatley as it is known to be very unstable and to cause huge problems with very limited benefits.
Double, double checking this information and support for MacKeeper is very low where the opinion that it should not be on your computer is very strong. (The BCC issue according to Borris is a bug which they are looking at). Instead I was recomended numerous times just to run Permissions fixes.

Un-install - re-download - reinstall already done and does not fix the issue.
Using Digital rebellion's excellent program trashing preferences does not work.
Neither does using any of Motions presets or build options.
The only process that does seem to work is opening a filter from FCPX in Motion and sending it back, but that option does not exist for sequences with no filters applied.

It is a very common problem by the look of it,
If any one actually knows a solution that would be fatastic, not being able to access Motions capabilities is not good.

P

Aug 6, 2013 3:52 PM in response to philip TP

Hello Philip,

I had the issue where I couldn't share from Motion. I tracked it down to running MacKeeper's Binaries Cutter. It was deleting files in the Motion application that I can assume were neccisary for Share to work (Compressor plugin and other frameworks).

I trashed both MacKeeper and my now crippled Motion application from my Applications folder and then re downloaded Motion.

So far, I've not had the issue again but It sounds like you're still having the issue even after doing what I did?

Motion. No Share Options

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.