Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto Crashed

The power went out and my iPhoto app was open and now I can't open it after the power is back on.

When I try to open it I get this message "Your iPhoto is in use by another application or has become unreadable" shut down and restart your computer (done that) try rebuilding your photo library "quit iPhoto, then reopen it while keeping the OPTION AND COMMAND keys pressed"--(done that a couple times) You can also try restoring your photo's from a backup. Unfortunately I don't have a backup.

I called tech support and the lady that answered the phone couldn't help me so she consulted with a senior consultant while leaving me on hold so long the phone disconnected and she has yet to call me back. I gave her a number where I could be reached in case we got cut off.

So now I turn to the people that really know what's going on........can you help me?

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Aug 4, 2013 8:34 PM

1 reply

Aug 5, 2013 11:07 AM in response to prime60

Using iPhoto Library Manager to Rebuild Your iPhoto Library

• Download iPhoto Library Manager and launch.
  • Click on the Add Library button,

User uploaded file

and select the library you want to add from those in the selection window.

• Now that the library is listed in the left hand pane of iPLM, click on your library and go to the Library ➙ Rebuild Library menu option

• User uploaded file

• In the next window name the new library and select the location you want it to be placed.
  • Click on the Create button.

• Note 1: This creates a new library based on the LIbraryData.xml file in the library and will recover Events, Albums, keywords, titles and comments. However, books, calendars, cards and slideshows will be lost.

Note 2: Your current library will be left untouched for further attempts at a fix if so desired.

When you confirm that the new library is working OK and has all of your photos you can delete the older, damaged library to open up space on your hard drive.

You should consider enabling a backup strategy or else you will lose all your photos and other documents some day.

OT

iPhoto Crashed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
    A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.