Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Editing Drum Tracks

The more I'm around here the more I see I may do things the hard way at times. So I'd like to know if there's an easier way to do this.

Many times when I'm working with someone their drum track may have all the parts in the one track. We may want to change the Kick drum or another part.

I usually take a small section cut/split it and make a copy on another track. From that trk I'll delete every part , one at a time until I have the part I want left. Then I build that part up from there and use a sound from another kit in GB. It takes a while to do all that ...

On my keyboard sequencer I can delete all let's say C# notes at once from a trk. Is there a way to do that in GB ?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Aug 5, 2013 12:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2013 12:58 AM

If you open the piano roll view of the region and hit the C# key on the little vertical keyboard on the left, all the C# notes are selected and you can delete them with one keystroke.

3 replies

Aug 5, 2013 1:32 AM in response to P.Dreadie

While I'm buggin' on drum tracks ... a lot times things like HH may not be recorded/ hit hard enough so they are weak. I know in piano roll I can bring up the velocity on those notes and they become louder / stronger . But at times they still aren't what I want. So I've been copying that part onto 2 trks. That works ... but is there something else I might try instead of using 2 trks ?

Editing Drum Tracks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.