Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

A interesting problem.

I have a iphone 4s, It's unlocked from my swedish carrier ( checked 3 times via IMEI nr / their support).

I have a SIM-card from vodafon India that also is activated and working ( checked 5 times).

I have latest Itunes and I have reinstalled it 3 times (check).

I have latest OS on the phone, I know cause this is the 14th time ( ! ) i restore it to factory settings.

When I try to get the new settings from Itunes (or WIFI for that matter)

It still says:

The SIM card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported.

The SIM card that you currently have installed in this iPhone is from a carrier that is not supported under the activation policy that is currently assigned by the activation server. This is not a hardware issue with the iPhone.Please insert another SIM card from a supported carrier or request that this iPhone be unlocked by your carrier. Please contact Apple for more information.

Please contact apple huh?

I cant do that cause i dont have any money left.

Is it something that i have missed?

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Aug 5, 2013 4:48 AM

7 replies

Aug 5, 2013 8:47 AM in response to lobj10

lobj10 wrote:

I have a iphone 4s, It's unlocked from my swedish carrier ( checked 3 times via IMEI nr / their support).

Doesn't matter what some private party web site says - they do not have Apple's actual official database of unlocked iPhone's. No one but Apple actually has the list of iPhones known to be unlocked.

That message you get is telling you that iPhone is NOT actually unlocked.

Aug 6, 2013 3:19 AM in response to lobj10

lobj10 wrote:

I have latest OS on the phone, I know cause this is the 14th time ( ! ) i restore it to factory settings.

So you're plugging it into your computer running the latest version of iTunes, and pressing the "Restore" button in iTunes, correct? And you never get the "congratulations, your phone is unlocked" message?

Have you called AppleCare and given them the serial number of the phone and inquired as to the status of the lock?

A interesting problem.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.