Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My ipad didn't open viber

MY viber didn't open viber

iPad, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Aug 5, 2013 7:17 AM

21 replies

Aug 10, 2013 5:51 AM in response to Mohaned2222

I have the similar issue. I contacted viber help desk got a reply from Viber support Team regarding this issue as under , on 5 Aug 2013. I suppose it explains everything. They are working to resolve this issue

Hello.
Thanks for contacting us, and sorry for the inconvenience.
This is a known issue, which affects several devices. We are currently working on a solution, and you can expect an update in the near future.
Please make sure you stay current with our version updates.
at: http://support.viber.com
We kindly thank you for your patience.

Aug 11, 2013 12:40 AM in response to Peeoat

Thanks "Peeoat" as you are in contact with the Viber team could you please request them to open a page some where about the Viber Issue with IOS 5.1.1 and let the user know what is the latest SITREP.

Alternatively we shall call for some "JAIL BREAKER" gig to help us to write a patch to delete the latest update?

I wonder if some one could lead us to download older version of Viber--- that will work on "Ipad First generation" and we will not update.

Aug 11, 2013 12:45 AM in response to theViberTeam

Dear Viber team, I hope you people have been reading the posting in this forum a regular response would be highly appreciable.

I would like to request the Viber Team to kindly open a page some where about the Viber Issue with IOS 5.1.1 and let the user know what is the latest SITREP.

Alternatively could you please help us with a patch to delete the latest update?

I wonder if some one could lead us to download older version of Viber--- that will work on "Ipad First generation" and we will not update.

Aug 12, 2013 8:02 PM in response to Mohaned2222

Guys I use iPad 2, iOS version 5.1.1, I had similar problems since I updated the viber 2-3weeks ago - it would'nt want to open - i tried uninstalling it & reinstalling plenty a times. But in vain.

But today I did something & it started working, which I want u all to try (people with iPad 1, iPod's, iPhone's having similar problem can try this)

1> delete & install Viber on your iOS device again. (no time gap required, if its working after re-installing well & good) if it still does'nt open follow next step (make sure you don't delete the viber from ur iOS device from this step)

2> go to this below viber link......

http://www.viber.com/

In the viber wesite, make sure you select iOS >>then>> select Get Viber (after selecting get viber u'll be automatically directed to App Store) >>then>> if viber is listed as UPDATE in appstore, install that UPDATE asap* & your Viber should be working perfectly fine there after. |^_^| \/m

(if viber is listed as install/installed in appstore, then Im sorry I could'nt be of any help, I just said as to what I did & it fixed My problem) :D

**** few things to keep in mind, make sure u have 3G or 2G connection or ur WiFi connection ON

**** also turn on the Location Service in iOS Settings, to be on a safe side (can be turned off once viber is installed)

**** like my post ;)

My ipad didn't open viber

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.