1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 7, 2013 5:50 AM by PatrickFist
PatrickFist Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Hey Guys,

unauthenticated binding works fine. But when I try to do authenticated binding through 'directory util' I get the error message: "Unexpected error while bind process".

The System Log says:

05.08.13 16:02:21,930 Directory Utility: Bind failed with code 4202, error: Error Domain=com.apple.OpenDirectory Code=4202 "Der Attributwert kann nicht verwendet werden, weil er die Anforderungen des Attributs nicht erfüllt." UserInfo=0x7ff58a9df950 {NSLocalizedDescription=Der Attributwert kann nicht verwendet werden, weil er die Anforderungen des Attributs nicht erfüllt., NSLocalizedFailureReason=Der Attributwert kann nicht verwendet werden, weil er die Anforderungen des Attributs nicht erfüllt.}

Binding 10.5 or 10.6 Clients authenticated works without any issues.

Does anybody has an idea what I could check to solve this issue?

Thank you very much,

quota, Mac OS X (10.7.5)
  • PatrickFist Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

English Output:

07.08.13 14:48:29,711 Directory Utility: Bind failed with code 4202, error: Error Domain=com.apple.OpenDirectory Code=4202 "The attribute value could not be used because it does not meet the requirements of the attribute." UserInfo=0x7f904690d500 {NSLocalizedDescription=The attribute value could not be used because it does not meet the requirements of the attribute., NSLocalizedFailureReason=The attribute value could not be used because it does not meet the requirements of the attribute.}

Can any one help? Can't make authenticated binding from 10.7.5 to 10.5.8 OD (Open Directory).