Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sorting albums by composer?

Hi. I'm in the process of transferring a large (about 4,000 CDs) collection of music to iTunes. 99.9% of these CDs are of opera and classical music.

I want to organize my music alphabetically by composer. Bizarrely, this does not seem to be an option; title is the best I can do, since the composer's name is usually a part of the title.

However, given the opaqueness of iTunes and my own ineptness in figuring it out, it seems entirely possible that there is a way, but that I justs can't find it. Can someone help?

Thank you!

Posted on Aug 5, 2013 7:39 AM

2 replies

Aug 5, 2013 9:10 AM in response to sarah bryan

I also use the Composer as the Artist & Album Artist for classical music, either discarding the performer details or placing them in Comments. With recent builds of iTunes 11 there is also an optional Composer view (Edit > Preferences > General, tick Show Composers) but I'm not sure how useful this is.

You might also be interested in this thread: Renaming Classical Music files.

tt2

Sorting albums by composer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.