Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why my macbook pro run very slow when unplug the energy cable?

I'm trying to find out why my mac pro starts to freeze and slow dow after I unplug the energy cable.

If Some one have any idea please help me!

What can I do to fix this?

Is under warranty? Is a factory problem? He do not recognize the battery properly?

Thank you.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Aug 5, 2013 9:54 AM

9 replies

Aug 5, 2013 6:29 PM in response to Allan Eckert

Hey! I fond the solution!!!!

and works, here is the steps..

1) Open System Information (under Apple icon in upper-left, click About This Mac, click More Info)

2) Click System Report button, under Hardware, find your "Model Identifier" -remember this for later use

3) Navigate to /System/Library/Extensions an right-click, Show Package Contents of IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext

4) Open Contents/PlugIns and Show Package Contents of ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext

5) Open Contents/Resources

6) Find your MacBookAir?_?.plist (? = your model identifier from step 2) and delete the file

7) Reboot! Remember, anytime you do a System Update, you may need to repeat this process

I got from this site: http://tech.superhappykittymeow.com/?p=258

SOLVED: Macbook Air kernel_task slowness | tech.superhappykittymeow.com

Thanks for your help!

Oct 3, 2015 11:22 PM in response to Carlaclimb

Update!

I used to do this method whenever i reinstall OS X. This week i upgraded to new OS X the El Capitan and this method is not working anymore. The reason is MAC OS don't let you delete your MacModel.plist (the model of your Mac) . (You don't have permission to delete in new OS X El Capitan). So you have to go back with Yosemite. However, there are 1 way to go around if you have 1 extra Mac machine and 1 external HDD. Take the HDD (or SSD) from slow machine out , plug in to external HDD enclosures and connect with other MAC OS to delete MacModel.plist file in HDD.

For example: my Mac Pro 2011 using SSD 2.5', I took the SSD out, plug it with external HDD enclosure and connect it with my sister's iMac to delete MacBook8_1.plist.

Hope it will help.

Why my macbook pro run very slow when unplug the energy cable?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.